Monday, June 13, 2011

"This is AWEESSOOMMEE"!!!

Today was a really fun and full day. It helped us not miss our daddy sooo much, but we still miss him :)

First, we went to church-Goob did really well through the whole sermon.
Second we came home, ate lunch and changed into our bathing suits.
Third we got in the car and drove to the river close to my where my mom's whole side of the family lives. The kids loved it. Ribbit mainly stayed where she would be at least 1/2 way out of the water or she sat on the bank and threw rocks into the river. Goober was much more adventurous and climbed on driftwood, caught fish (a baby brim) with his bare hands, picked up teeth ( really white stones) and swam. We also played tetherball, skipped watermelon rinds, grilled hamburgers and saw a land snake!!!! My Uncle Paul and his two boys Mason and Taylor went with us...they hadn't met the kids yet and Ribbit liked walking up and down the river with Uncle Paul. She grew quite fond of Taylor too before the end of the day. The kids also got to pet and hold my Uncle's two sugargliders...really cute.We stayed at the river for about 3-3.5 hours.
Next, we drove over to my grandparents who live about 5 minutes away. They had met the kids once but not for long. From the minute we drove up to the minute we left Goober kept saying " THIS IS AWEESSOOMMEE". My Papa let him drive the golf cart all over their front yard, then he let Ribbit drive it while she sat in his lap. Next, we all jumped in the back of my Papa's truck, with my Uncle Paul and Nana up front and drove all over their property, mostly through trails in the woods and found blueberries to pick. We would have to duck and watch out for limbs and Goob said he had never done anything like that before. We picked about 3 bags of blueberries and when Ribbit got tired she went into the truck with my Nana. After that we went back to my grandparents house and they let the kids explore the RV....again more " THIS IS AWWEESSOMMEEE". They even showed Goob how it opens up fully, the fridge, the bathroom and then they let him blow the air horn. We are hoping to do some RV camping with them at the end of this week, beginning of next.
After that Goob, Uncle Paul and Ribbit rode in the back of Taylor's truck back up to my Uncle Paul's house, about 2 seconds away down a dirt road, and we all changed out of our wet clothes and sat around and talked. The whole time Ribbit played with Taylor and walked around being prissy.
We are now at home, after a drive back, McDonald's milkshakes and BATHS!!!! Goober is in bed with Uncle Chris reading him " Curious George". He keeps trying to negotiate deals with Uncle Chris about how to read but so far its not working :). Ribbit is already passed out in bed, which is good because I got up with her at least 10 times last night..no exaggeration there!
I'm really glad to be here and to get to hang out with my grandparents....I have lots and lots of memories there as I stayed with them every summer growing up and stay close with them now. I am so glad that my kids get to know and love them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment