Thursday, June 16, 2011

Why don't children sleep?

Bre woke up at 4:30, 4:45 and for good at 5 this morning. Therefore I was up at 5 this morning. I got started on the blueberry pancakes that I had promised Eli the night before. He got up at 7 and was unhappy with me because the pancakes had butter and worst of all BLUEBERRIES in them. We apparently had a huge communication error. The whole time we skyped with Adam I was asking Bre to shut doors, not hit her brother, asking Eli to talk to his dad and basically multitasking my way through a non-productive 30 minutes.
Then we went to McDonalds, went to my dad's work, met everyone there and watched them ew and ah over my kids, watched how a newspaper is made and threw our McDonald's toys across the lunchroom at Pawpaw's job.
Then we went to the Harley store. If you know my dad then you know this is like shoe shopping for a woman. He doesn't know exactly what he needs but he knows he needs something. We were there for quite a long time and that is fine for Eli...he was thrilled and sat on every motorcycle in the shop. However, Bre hid in a rack of clothes and wouldn't answer me for the longest, then she touched every item that cost at least $1000 or more. She cried when I picked her up, cried when I put her down----can someone say " no nap ". Eli ended up getting a Harley hat and my dad got some bug remover :).
Then we went to Tiger Pride/Bama Fever store at Malbis and since Texas doesn't really ever have Auburn gear, WE STOCKED UP!!!!! I got the kids some face tattoos for the games this season. I got a Nat'l Champs shirt, Eli got a kids wallet, we got a poster with all the games and scores on it from the 2010 season, I got some earrings and then we got Dad some awesome Father's Day gifts.
We came home, ate chicken nachos and now the kids are watching a movie as they rest for bed. I don't think I have been this tired in a looonnngg time. I normally try to nap when Bre is napping but today was rough.
Its one of those days where I find myself getting mad that Adam isn't here. Let's be honest, I definitely didn't encourage him to leave us this summer but I also never told him to not go and I never asked him to stay at home because I didn't want to make decisions for him or be "that wife". He almost backed out several times, and each time I would get extremely happy about the thought of having all 4 of us together the whole summer, but for some reason each of those times never came to fruition. Maybe he is supposed to be there so that he can minister to someone in particular, maybe he is there to meet a future employer, maybe he is there to just gain knowledge, maybe he is there so that I can learn to trust in God more.....who knows? Days like today though make me ask those questions and hope to find out the answer soon!

On a happier note, I have had some really great time with Eli since being in Alabama. One night he sat in my lap and hugged me for about 20 minutes while we talked about dad. He has wanted me to be in the bed with him the last two nights while Pawpaw and CC read him bedtime stories. We also ate watermelon and tried to see who could slurp it the loudest!! We also have been having tickle fights right before bedtime...he found my weak spot...my neck!!! I love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment