Thursday, June 2, 2011

Full time momma

Well, I think Ribbit's one peepee in the potty was a fluke...it hasn't happened again since. After reading a whole bunch about potty training I have come to the conclusion that its something we will work on all summer but that she just isn't 100% ready.....her vocabulary is not where it should be to let me know and most doctors say that kids don't develop those muscles to hold it until they are 2. So for all you moms who potty trained their kids at 18 months and even younger.....SUPER!!!!
We are playing hard this summer-the proof is in the fact that Goober has crawled into his bed every afternoon (without being told to) and taken a 1-2 hour nap. Now if only Ribbit would get tired :). I was up with her this morning at 5 and she only took a 45 hour nap today.
I am happy to say though that my kids have watched a total of 30-45 minutes of TV in the last two days!!!!! We are playing outside mostly, swimming in our pool and taking long walks around the neighborhood and seminary. The TV time both days have been the 10-15 minutes right before Daddy gets home and I am trying throw diner together. Goober has read through two books-one he has read at least 5 times. He did about 20 math problems today and wrote 5 sentences. I am determined to not let all the hard work that Mrs. Barnes did this past semester go to waste...especially when Goob is on a role and wants to work!!!

This time next week we will be daddy-less as he leaves for Israel on Wednesday morning. My mom is flying out in 4 days to help me with the kids for a week (i am teaching a clay and painting camp) and then she is riding back with us as we head to AL for a whole month!!!!! I had to have another adult to help me on the 12 hour drive to AL---its just safer and both kiddos and mommy have a better time!!
Therefore, after next Wednesday you will start to see posts from Adam on his time there in Israel. He will be on the survey team again this year, and he is super stoked. He is rooming with a good friend of ours, and he is looking forward to seeing old friends and being back in the Holy Land. We will miss him greatly for those 3 weeks and some odd days but we know that God has called him to this field and this is just part of it. I know that we will all "ugly cry" at the airport when telling him bye but I am praying for peace for myself and the kids. I say all that to 1)encourage you to look for those posts from Adam and 2) to go ahead and put Adam on the spot :), I expect lots and lots of communication :).

Here are some videos of our water balloon battles this past weekend--the last one makes me laugh so hard I cry every time I watch it!!








2 comments:

  1. Okay, so that last video made ME laugh until I cried. It was hilarious!! Her reaction was SO funny. Too cute. Videos of her always crack me up because she and Ania are right at the exact same age and their actions and mannerisms are so much alike! I'll be praying for you guys while Adam's gone - so glad you have family to help during that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinzie--you are doing such an amazing job (obviously I wouldn't expect any less from you;))! I see a lot of parents who don't read about parenting and normal development of children and it leads to so much frustration on both parties. I can't wait to see you guys soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete