Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our kids are fish!!!

So I first just want to say that I love that my fingernails are making that tippy sound as I type this because tonight I got an early birthday present 1) a mani and pedi from my mom and 2) free babysitting from my dad. In fact when I got home from the oh so wonderful nail salon my dad was giving Ribbit and Goober "very expensive" hair dos which involved both of them getting fros and running back and forth to the mirror to check it out.

Soooo, we woke up on Sunday and got ready to head down to the river. That involved skyping with daddy--Ribbit said her full abc's and Goober told him about the presents he got at his party the day before. We also wished him a Happy Fathers Day. We went to church on Saturday night so we spent a little time with my dad, Gramps and packed up.
We got to the river at 11 and ate lunch, waiting for my uncle and grandparents to show up with the RV. From lunch until dinner we played in the river. Around 3 my uncle, aunt and their two girls showed up and they took us to another part of the river called Holy Tree. Someone has tacked a cross with Jesus on it on one of the trees thus giving it its name. The kids had soooo much fun. At the first spot we were at they had a place where you could jump in. Goob, Uncle Chris and Uncle Paul all jumped in several times and Goob got pretty good at his above the water swimming. Ribbit just sat and played in water that came up to her belly when she was sitting. When we got down to Holy Tree and the younger cousins were with us Goob didn't stop laughing. They are 14 and 13 and they played so well with Goob, throwing rocks, jumping at him. He immediately fell in love with them and clung to him. We actually found pure clay on the sides and bottom of that river bank and they were all bringing me huge chunks. Ribbit loved to play in the clay and my grandma started sculpting something. Then Goob, Chelsea, Uncle Chris and Uncle Paul walked way up the river. When they came back Chelsea was holding a black footed crane. She wants to be a vet when she grows up and had saw that the bird was hurt. She picked it up and carried it back. Apparently the first thing Goob said when he saw the bird was hurt was " lets cook it for dinner :).
We then went back to the RV and grilled chicken and sausage. We had a big dinner complete with brownies and ice cream for my Nana's birthday coming up on Wednesday. After that the cousins (including me) went in the camper and started relaxing by watching Lady and the Tramp. We were all trying to get Goob and Ribbit to fall asleep and they finally did at 10:00....I thought it was okay that one night. Then Chris, mom, me, paul, chelsea and brittney stayed up and played cards til about 1. Then Chris and I went and got in my mom's van ( our normal sleeping spot when we camp..we had fan on us and slept well). Everyone else found their spot in the RV.
We all were up and going this morning by 8. Both of my kids slept til 7:30....a new record :) I got up early and went walking with my Papa while he fished. I honestly didn't have an option as he jumped on the van at 6:30 and yelled " girl, you gonna sleep all day?". We then cut open a nice cold watermelon and ate that up for breakfast, followed by pickles....nothing beats pickles and watermelon at the river! Then all the cousins went down the river and swam for about 2 hours while the older adults cleaned the site, got the RV ready to leave and hung out in the air condition. During that river time Goob got brave and started jumping in by himself without an adult around and swimming back to me where he could touch. Ribbit also started putting her head down in the water and kicking....they are both fish!!! Brittney, Chelsea, Chris and Goob all started pushing each other in too and Goob loved it!!!
We all went back to the RV around lunch and loaded up to go. That is when Goob got super sad. He started crying while he was telling everyone bye. He told me that he loved Chelsea and Brittney and didn't want to leave them. He cried the entire way home...30 minutes...not just tears but moans and groans too. He loved the river, he loved camping, he loved attention from 12 family members...he is just too sweet. It took a Mt. Dew and Doritos from the gas station to get him to calm down.
We all got home and crashed ( except Goob ). I am so glad that Goober is getting to spend time with the family that I love soo much. I love that he is getting so much quality time with his great grandparents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. My two girl cousins were sooo sweet with the kids and loved on them the entire time. My aunt and uncle kept threatening to take Ribbit--they just all fell in love!!! I am very thankful that God gave Goob a big, country :), loving family at an early age. I told him today when he was crying that it was a very good thing because it means he loves his family and wants to be with them.
The minute we got home, he wrote a letter to Chelsea and Brittney telling them how much he loves them and misses them...we are mailing it tomorrow :). Sweet sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment