Sunday, June 19, 2011

Goober's Birthday Party

Well for the last hour I have been trying to download the videos off of my mom's camera and since that isn't working I will just post those later.

Goob had a very fun day today! We sat up underneath a large oak tree at the Splash Pad and it was so nice. The wind was blowing, my dad sat up a large fan and I don't think I sweated at all. Everyone else was comfortable too so that was a plus. We started out the party eating b/c Ribbit was going to whether or not we cut the cake. We sang to Goob and he cut pieces for each person, beginning with his sister. We all ate cake, ice cream, fruit, chips and drank some cold beverages. Then we got into the water balloons.....a full laundry basket load. I don't think I got one picture during this time b/c we were running around like crazy getting each other wet. The first water balloon landed right beside my Nana and splashed mud onto her white pants :). The only two people who didn't get wet were my Papa and my Dad and thats because they were off to the side. Goober thought he could just hit me with them and they would bust, so I am pretty sure I have some rather large bruises on my back tonight :). Then we turned to the water bottles and that ended with ice down Goob's britches after he poured 1/2 a bottle on CC. Then it was pinata time. He, Ribbit and Chris swung at it before Uncle Chris knocked it down. Then we let Goob go to town on that cardboard pinata. He ended up breaking the broom stick (add it to our tab) and he got out lots of energy. He then went around the splash pad offering candy to different people and making sure everyone at his party got at least one sucker :). Next we did presents, he would open one bag, pull out one present, open it entirely, play with it and then be reminded that he had more to open!!!! He already knew everyone at his party and felt comfortable around them so that helped.
We cleaned up at the Splash Pad and headed back to my parents house where we had hotdogs and chips for lunch. He and my Papa immediately opened up lots of presents, put batteries in and made the living room look like trash. Ribbit also got a present from my grandparents, a baby doll that has her skin color and she carried it around the rest of the afternoon. Everyone left around 3:15, after we all made plans to meet at the river tomorrow at noon and camp!!! We all laid down and rested until going to church tonight with Uncle Chris. Then we went to Chick Fil A for dinner and let the kids play in the playground. They are both sound a sleep right now and I hope they sleep in a little....wishful thinking huh?
I was kinda sad this morning when I talked to Adam on skype and saw that he was a little sad about not being here today. Don't worry babe, I took lots of pictures and videos for you.....that's right Papa, only 5000 today :).



1 comment:

  1. So glad he had a good birthday!! I hate I got sick and we missed it!

    ReplyDelete