Monday, February 14, 2011

Sunday Post

Today was a little crazy. We woke up earlier than we had all week and had to be somewhere where it mattered whether we had showered or not!! Tip-schedule at least 1.5 hours to get two kids plus two parents plus 3 bibles into a car and to church!
Goober did very well in sunday school- he won the bible trivia game by 3 points...his teachers were very impressed. He wore his new shirt from Mrs. Deanna and his new shoes from Mr. Jeff. Then he went to children's church where he said they just sat and talked but I know he had fun there too!
Ribbit made tons of friends and has one nursery worker wrapped around her finger. Both times that i peeped in she was pushing a stroller around the room and playing. When I went to get her she was loving on the worker and telling me bye bye.
After church we all came home and Goober and Ribbit both crashed for about an hour. Then we ate lunch and got busy getting things done. Goober and Adam, who is now dad about 75 % of the time and Santa 25% of the time, painted on the house, hammered in some things and watched some TV. Ribbit and I sat out to get Goob the last couple of things he needed for school and some groceries for lunches.....I know that this isn't a new revelation or anything but DAG UM, kids are expensive!!!!
Ribbit is by far the best shopping partner...she sits up front, eats her little snack, makes cute faces and waves to everyone and says " weeeee" and " uh oh" all the way through the store. She made it through Target and Wal-Mart with only one cry moment when she attempted to take her shoes off. I got her to say " thank you" about a dozen times and we sang " jesus loves me" all the way back home.

Yesterday our church family had a shower for us and we were blown away. The kids pretty much had a second christmas. Goober, being the fashion person that he is loves all the clothes and shoes he got and we played with all his toys until late last night.
Ribbit got a high chair and we are amazed at how easy meal time is now. She loves it, we love it, I get to eat...its a miracle...THANK YOU LAURA AND MATT!!!!

Last night as I was laying Ribbit down for bed, I started singing Jesus loves me to her and she patted her stomach to the beat ( for the most part :)) and nodded her head yes everytime I said " yes jesus loves me".

Sad note- Goober was upset about going to school tomorrow. He cried a little and then had some bad behavior. Towards bedtime he sat on the couch and just started crying. I went and sat with him and asked him why and he said " I miss my grandma". We both sat and cried for a while and talked about his grandma and how she made cookies for him and colored with him. He knows that he can talk about her and that he can cry for her. I think it took him back to see me cry and so he went on to bed without too much argument. He didnt' want a bedtime story, just for both dad and I to pray with him. What a sweet little boy who has been passed around and yet still loves everyone.

Okay, time for bed- I go back to school tomorrow too after nearly a week off. Adam and I set up presents from the Valentine Fairy for Goober when he wakes up....a new backpack, two belts ( that he picked out), a new water bottle for school, some cargo shorts ( he likes longer shorts) and some candy. I think this week will establish a routine for our little family and I am ready for that......please pray for my little boy, that he would know the love of Christ and that we would be so loving towards him that all the bad memories he has are forced out.

Tomorrow is our one week anniversary as the Harvell Four!!!! :)

I'll post more videos and pictures tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! You are becoming wonderful parents and what a great testimony to Jesus' love you are. I'll be praying for Eli's first day at school tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a precious little family. Praying for your boy, that his heart and mind be healed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I am so happy for you guys! praying:)

    ReplyDelete