Tuesday, February 15, 2011

1st Day of School

YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
That is how I felt pretty much the whole day!!!
Bre got up, ate, went to her babysitter's for three hours -who said that she behaved wonderfully- came home and played outside most of the day with dad. Adam sang ABC's with her, was showing her some new words and then they both took a nap together. We are really working with her to talk because she is slightly behind where she should be in speech. But we know that she is one smart girl!!!
Eli had a rough morning-mom couldn't do anything right and then there was the whole " have to go to school deal". By the time we were pulling up to school he was crying and I was crying too. But that all changed the minute he saw his classroom and his teacher. He walked in, got his cubby, put his lunch and backpack up and then saw his new desk. It was loaded with supplies!!! I stayed behind to watch him for a while, hiding out in the hallway and by the time they were saying the pledge of allegiance he was 1/2 way smiling. After school he was all grins, holding about a bajillion Valentine Day cards and gifts. He played right outside my classroom with two of my students while I finished up my day and then we came home. He was soooooo talkative all the way home and told me how they ate " flat ham" at his party and that he didn't learn anything, just played. I am not allowed to come to his school tomorrow because they are having special cake and I am too big to eat it :).
Then we came home and looked through the presents that Gramps and CC ( my parents had sent)....his favorite was the Gummy Bears and Bre's favorite was the princess card. Then we all went outside and played and hung out with Ross ( who got them both some AU gear, thanks man!!!).
Then Bre and dad stayed in the front yard while Eli and I went across the way to the park. I wore Eli out---tip of the day- dont bother explaining that you are going to be a little bit slower than a 6 year old because you are wearing dress shoes--they dont care and will still call you slow poke for the rest of the day. Eli also told me that God said I can't climb on the jungle gym because I am too big.
Then our sweet friends brought us dinner and we all ate......A LOT...except me, I am still dealing with this stomach bug that wont let me eat hardly anything....may run to the doctor soon. During dinner Eli said " why does God call it ranch dressing? and why are we called people?, then before I could answer he said " If I were God I would call me " Aweomse, and I would call Dad " Big God" and I would call Bre " Crazyhead " and you " Crazy head two"!!
He did however call Adam and I " Mom and Dad' to our faces all day today!
After dinner he took a bath and we played blocks and sang ABCS with Bre. She said " Meow" and " tweet tweet" and is saying " mama and dada " alot! Then Bre got her bath, we read her Veggie Tale book from Captain and Lolly- which she loves and dances too---check out that video- and then without any fuss she went to bed.
I am writing this while Adam is reading bible stories to Eli. I can hear them talking about Zacheus and practicing couting to 100 ( not sure how that goes together :))We had a fun bed time with him today. He bet that I couldn't kiss his forehead so we wrestled until I kissed his eye and called it a day :). Then we all prayed and he asked dad to read to him.
We are only one day into our "normal routine" but so far we are loving it.
Adam is a wonderful dad and I am loving being a mom!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment