Saturday, February 12, 2011

4:27 am post :)

So I am up bright and early this morning b/c I slept all day today. I woke up last night throwing up and therefore Adam took care of the kids most of the day. Ribbit had a weird day too, she was very whiny and cried a lot. I think its because she didn't sleep well the night before....no one did. When I got sick, Goober had just come and got in bed with us b/c he was scared. I ran to the bathroom the same time that Adam went to check on Ribbit and therefore he was left alone in our bed. He quietly got up and went back to his own bed....what a sweet boy.
So, I slept probably 2/3 of the day and therefore about an hour ago I got up, did the dishes, sent out my progress reports, clipped coupons and then decided to blog.
Even though we had a rough day we still got some things accomplished. Ribbit's babysitter is now fully licensed to watch her for about 4 hours a day while Adam is at school. There are certain criteria that someone must have to watch children in foster care. We were so afraid that we wouldn't find someone and have to put her in daycare....but guess what, a new couple joined our sunday school last week and she just so happens to be a licensed childcare provider for the state of Texas....another way that God has shown us that we can't do this on our own.
We also got Goober's valentine day cards made for his class. He did them all by himself. He put both their name and his name in the "from" line but thats okay. He has gone two nights now without wetting the bed, and he is so proud in the morning to tell us. Yesterday while he was taking a bath I heard a loud "MMMMOOOOMMMM"....as I was tearing up I ran in and saw that his bath water had all drained out b/c he pulled the plug. So we started the bath again. He has been calling me Mom to Adam but never to my face. He also told me that we should wake up Ribbit after "dad" got home....which he is normally very stubborn about calling Adam "Santa". He really likes Dr. Seuss books, we read a couple every night before bed. He also likes sleeping with about 50 stuffed animals.
Ribbit loves music. Spongebob came on the other day and I promise she did " raise the roof " during the whole theme song. Goob was watching that movie Planet 51 and everytime there was music she would stop playing and shake her head and bounce. She loves to bring us things from all over the house. When we say Thank you she shakes her head yes. But when we say please she always shakes her head no....its kinda funny. We are trying to break her of always wanting to be hold. Two days ago I put her in her crib while I was cleaning up her room and she only cried for about 2 minutes. Then we had a little conversation and she played with some books by herself. I have been reading about 18 month olds on the internet and it seems like that is a pretty common problem but all parents agree to let them cry and not give in every time.....however, her little sad face will melt you!!
Okay, that is enough rambling for now. We have shower today for the kids at our church and Goob is super excited. I am going to pay some bills and maybe catch up on the Food network before everyone wakes up.
Thanks for continuing to pray for us, please pray for 100% health for all 4 of us today.

2 comments:

  1. What is the next step in the adoption process?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom...aww your blogs always make me cry.
    -sam

    ReplyDelete