Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A post about nothing

DAG UM!!!....We haven't written on here in a looooong time. I keep telling myself that I really dont' have anything fun to blog about. I mean what could compare with our digs in Israel or career changes or adoption, nothing really. So for my sake ( because I know in 5 years I will beat myself up for not keeping up with this blog) I am going to play a really fast catch up of our lives.

First of all- WAR EAGLE!!!!! Auburn went undefeated this year and the AU vs. AL game was absolutely breathtaking....can you say VICTORY after a 24 point lead? Then we headed off to Glenndale and scored on the nations "highest scoring offense". It was beautiful and even though we all needed oxygen tanks to get through each and every game we are sooo PROUD! And since this is my blog, I'm just going to confess that I became completely and utterly frustrated with almost every Bama fan I came into contact with between Thanksgiving Day and Jan. 9th. Adam kept himself composed but almost immediately after the National Championship Game he said that all bama fans could just "eat duck crap" which reminded me of why I love him so very much :).
Moving on, before I say how I really feel :), Adam is a little over halfway done with his Masters degree. He is finished with Hebrew, thank you Jesus, and is now learning Greek. He reads a whole lot, studies when he is not reading and writes paper when he is bored. He is still praying diligently about our next move...whether that be a PhD here or elsewhere. We haven't felt peace about either decision and since it stresses me out I have to trust that God will guide him and give me strength to follow.
I am in still totally in love with my job and my students. I never ever thought that someone could love love love their job. I know that teaching at a private christian school makes all the difference too. I can talk about Jesus, I have to actually since I teach Bible, and I am ministered to daily by other teachers, students and the parents. I have a creative outlet through my art classes and love coaching volleyball, both for the school and now a club team. I have learned that teachers have to get over being shy too. Thanks to my precious 7th graders I was able to sing karaoke in front of the school at a social. Let's just say that I wasn't at all surprised to learn that now I will be riding a donkey in the donkey basketball game this next Saturday for those same little 7th graders!!! I really am kinda scared of donkeys.....what if they are hungry and my leg looks tasty?
Next, our adoption. I am convinced that both Adam and I have prayed for patience at some point in our life and now we are experiencing patience to the fullest. We have had several leads for a handful of sibling groups and we are now looking into a promising private adoption. We have learned to control ourselves though and not get attached to pictures or names because 1) the court system in slow 2) things aren't as they always seem and 3) God has plans that are different than ours. We are still slowly adding books, stuffed animals, videos, art supplies and furniture into the two bedrooms we have waiting but we aren't committing either bedroom to a gender just yet.
Finally, our home in TN has YET TO SELL!!!!!! I mean come on people, someone just make us an offer, any offer :). We have had several leads and it seems as if we will get 2 or 3 interested people and then they will disappear from the face of the planet. Our sweet Realtor is doing everything she can to help us out and we owe her!!! We are past desperate, past caring even. We have completely given it to the Lord and said if you want it to sell, then you have to do it. Otherwise, we will just keep paying a rent, hoa and mortgage every month and we will do it with a smile on our faces :). Years from now I know that we will look back and be able to see what God was teaching us and be able to note that he took care of us financially during this time.

Other than that not to much has changed since my last post. We are about to gain a sister in law, my brother is now in school to become a personal trainer, and we are starting to make plans for a return to Israel for one or both of us this summer.

Hopefully the next time I write will be to tell you that we are a) parents, b)first time home sellers or c)BOTH!!!!!


" Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, Holy, Holy is he
Sing a new song, to him who sits on, heaven's mercy seat"
I love hearing our Logic School sing that song in Chapel!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment