Thursday, February 24, 2011

About to drop



Its only 8:15 and I feel like I am about to crash. Yesterday was very looonnng but very blessed. We took about 80 pieces of artwork and 20 students to an art competition. Two of my mixed media students brought home first place ribbons. The young man that I have been coaching in art history brought home second place, which means they all will go to state :).
Then I had to head back over to school for a baby shower thrown by my 7th grade girls and club volleyball team. On the way my car started acting crazy weird, which confirmed to us even more that this may be the weekend of the mini-van...its been a long time coming but we need it desperately!
The shower was more than we ever deserve. It was like a christmas morning on steriods for the kids. Wait, til you see these pictures.

THis is just the toys and bedding.....its pretty much everything off of our registries!!! Good also got about 6 outfits and Ribbit got about 15 outfits. We also got a ton of gift cards to both Wal-Mart and Target which is soooo great! I mean Adam and I were astounded at how awesome our school family has been to us throughout the adoption...maternity days, showers, money, food, you name it!!!!

After that I had volleyball practice til 7:30ish and then I headed home. Ribbit had a night terror last night and could not be soothed for a good 20 minutes. It scared both Goob and I and we eventually let her watch 10 minutes of spongebob and then she was out cold!

I took both kids to the doctor today ( thanks to those maternity days :0)) and they both are on track for height, weight and head size. Ribbit doesn't need to gain more weight until she grows more :)...she is a chunk! The doctor asked if I was their mom or foster parent, and Goob answered " mom, well she will be"....which totally 100% shocked me. Adam and I have been careful not to use the "a word" around him since so many other people have told him that they would adopt him and then not followed through. He is such a smart little boy though...and the fact that he wants this to happen melted me!
As the doctor was checking him I noticed that he didn't have on any underwear....when I asked why he said " well its your fault, you didn't lay any out for me". I was laughing so hard. I guess I do normally lay out the entire outfit but this morning we had staff devotion and I was running late so since I didn't put out underwear so he just didn't wear any :).
He has also started calling me " mommy" now, which is 10 times sweeter than mom, but I will take either or!

Ribbit fell today while we were at the park and skinned both knees and her head. She is a rough one, loves to run up and down the ramps at the park. She finally mastered " more" in sign language and did it several times at dinner tonight! Its very weird to me how much our dinner time has changed. It used to be Adam and I eating very thought out meals in front of the TV. Now its Goober eating one of the 10 things the kid will actually eat, Ribbit eating most of my food and Adam eating Goob's leftovers while keeping the cats off the dining room table. Poor cats, they aren't used to us eating there and think its still their territory! I always eat a pretty good lunch at school because I know its the one meal of my day that I won't have to share with Ribbit :).

Adam has been working trying to fix the car for most of the day. We are hoping to keep it, get rid of the truck and get a van. We may have to change that plan though depending on what he can get accomplished tonight.

We are having family portraits made this weekend so I can't wait to post those! One of my girls got Ribbit a tutu and a bumble bee outfit so I am going to get some single pictures made of her in those.







No comments:

Post a Comment