Thursday, February 17, 2011

Highlights

So here are some highlights from today and yesterday.

Of course we have the infamous question that Goob asked me yesterday on the way home from school " Mom, where do babies come from". Well first of all you have to know that we were in the middle of a conversation about race cars. Second, he said it very boldly. So, I said " Goob, when two married people love each other very much they can make a baby". He kinda thought about it and said "but babies are always small and then get big, so how does that happen". I just said " well they grow up". Then I said " but Goob, you and Ribbit came to us because we loved you so much and prayed to God for so long that he would give us kids". Goober said " but didn't you know i wasn't a baby, i am six", and I said " yup bud, we wanted you even though you were six years old". That satisfied him.

Then, last night after we thought he was asleep, we hear him tear out of his room and down the hallway and he says " I forgot to tell ya'll that the light in the bathroom turns on". We were like " what are you talking about?" At this point he was grinning and said " the light in my bathroom at school just turns on when you walk in, you don't have to flip the lightswitch". Then he got back in bed and went to sleep. :) :)

Goob brought home a book to read to us and did very well. He also got a Music Note from his Music teacher for good behavior.

He had a meltdown today after being very disrespectful about what mom what putting in his lunchbox. So he sat in time out until he could say sorry. No more than 10 minutes later he was saying he was sorry, smiling and back to Ole Goob!!!! He tends to not like it when Ribbit has our attention ( go figure) so that is normally when the smart talk comes out!

Ribbit is just the best baby. She laughs and giggles at you. Adam is teaching her different things throughout the day. Like when I got home today she showed me how she had learned to pick her nose :) ( HA). No really, he taught her to step down into our garage all by herself, he taught her to say "Meow" for a kittycat, and he is slowly getting her to say "please" at the right time.

Ribbit grabbed my face this morning and gave me my first big wet sloppy kiss on the mouth....then she just laughed and laughed!!!!! She also likes to point to my shoes, then dad's shoes and then say " shoes"...kinda.

Once again, I just have to say how overwhelmed we are at the love that has been poured on us by our church family, our family at school and our parents friends back in Alabama. We are getting cards and packages daily full of gifts and giftcards. It definitely makes this transition 10 times easier. We have also not had to cook a dinner for ourselves since we got the kids....different couples in our sunday school class are taking turns bringing us meals....we are spoiled rotten and our kids are being shown the love of Christ in a very practical way. I hope that we can return the favor to each one of you in the future.

We serve a good God, who has ADOPTED us as his very own, into a family that will love on us and cling to us as if we were blood relatives. I pray that my children will know the powerful grip that holds onto them when they are adopted by the King and become heirs to his royal throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment