Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy 2 Week Anniversary

I can't believe that we have been a family of four for two weeks today! I just love those kiddos so much.....its a pain when I have to let other people watch them or teach them :)...just kidding, kinda.

Ribbit has been saying all kinds of new words lately. She is behind in her speech development so we ask her to repeat everything we say. She is now saying "please with a "P" at the beginning, Ba-nana instead of just nana and "shoes" with a very definite "sh" sound. We got her a sippy cup with a straw so that her little mouth can start forming different shapes. She has all the workers at church wrapped around her finger and for the most case everyone else she comes into contact with.
Saturday at Kroger, two older women said she was a sweet little boy....what, really? She had on a pink shirt, brown pants and pink shoes.....I just said Thanks and wheeled on past. She loves loves loves bath time now thanks to her daddy. He showed her how to pour water and she washes her little truck. Its like night and day!!! My favorite part of the day is giving her a bath, drying her off (whoa frizzy curls) and then helping her brush her teeth. It tickles her to have her molars brushed and she will open her mouth wide for me to brush them and then just fall into hysterical laughter the moment the toothbrush touches them. She also has decided that she likes to tickle us and will run at us with a scary face wigging her hands....the more scared we act the harder she laughs.
Goober is earning lots of stickers every day on his chore and manner chart. He has been very kind to Ribbit and is consistently brushing his teeth without being told to. This morning I went to check on him in the bath and he was just lying there. I asked him if he was done and he said " yeah, the water is too hot". That kid would take a freezing cold bath if we would let him!!! He has started copying down words that he sees and then asking Adam and I what they are. Today after school he wrote down some words from my art timeline and then tonight he wrote down words out of his bible story book. He told my parents today that they should name their dog "God" because he is soooo big and because he really likes that name! He is always telling us that "well if God was here he could do it", whenever we say something would be hard to do. He is also constantly reminding me that I got pulled over by a cop. If I am eating in the car or look back at him he will say " that is probably why you are going to get pulled over again". I love to kiss all over him and watch him squirm trying to get away from it. He always says that I never get it on his face but I have kissed his eyes, nose and cheeks several times!!!!! He also think that dad is a better hot dog cooker than I am .....well duh, Adam will actually touch the hot dog, I am so appalled by the very thought of a hot dog that i heat it for 10 seconds and practically throw it at him.
Tomorrow my volleyball team and bible class ( all 7th grade girls) are throwing us a big shower after school. Adam is bringing Ribbit up so that they can see her again. I have to watch other students around Goober though because he shuts down fast. Everyone knows about him and is so excited to meet him but he can't handle constant questioning and has told me several times that he doesn't like to be questioned. I have learned that he needs mom to kinda lead conversations for the first little bit so that he can talk about what he wants too and to keep all of my sweet precious students from getting in his face and overwhelming him! I don't blame them though, he is super cute, after all he got his looks from his dad :).

More really funny videos coming up soon....lets just say that I get a smack in the face from Ribbit and you can tell that Adam is laughing by how much the camera starts to shake. So much for not laughing when your kids are mis-behaving :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so much fun. I can tell that Elijah has SUCH a personality, as well as Bre. :) And I am so glad you are giving such good updates on here!! I love getting to know your little family thru your blog :)

    ReplyDelete