Sunday, February 27, 2011

So much JOY

So to catch up over the last couple of days....

Friday was fun, it was Adam's birthday so we celebrated a lot. Goober and I went to sonic before school to get a drink since Dad let us use the last little bit of a gift card he had. Goob asked to call dad after we got our drinks. So when I handed him the phone he said " thank you for the sonic and I told mom she can't get frustrated at you when there is no gas in the car "...hehe. I thought that he didn't notice a conversation earlier in the week when Adam had left me gasless before school one morning but OH NO, he heard and he was telling me to behave :).
At lunchtime I walked down to Goob's school and ate lunch with him. One little boy complained the whole time about what his mom had packed...it was hilarious. A little girl shhhhhed me and Goob and said " the first 10 minutes of lunch are quiet time". Goober told me I had tomato breath. Then he saw I had packed him a little snack bag of M&M's the same little boy looked at me and said " you know that is unhealthy"....HAH!
For dinner that night we took Dad to CiCi's and the kids ate tons of pizza and then played in the arcade. Goober drew Dad a card with everyone on it....its quite a piece of artwork and I am going to frame it soon! Then we got home and watched both Ice Age 1 and Ice Age 2.....which for dad and I meant an hour nap :).
We also got my car fixed on Friday which cost the exact same amount as two checks we received in the mail that day. THANK YOU GOD!!!! One was for my coaching of club volleyball and the other was someone paying us back.

Saturday morning I left at 6 in the morning for a volleyball tournament north of Dallas. The kids had fun all day with dad and they sent me pictures. They finished building Goober's fort which is a very neat fort for a kid his age. Dad let him use his new drill to make it extra strong. Ribbit played outside all day but ended up getting taken out by a swing, the merry-go-round and then did some face plants in the dirt. Oh well, she was happy.
During the afternoon while Ribbit was napping, dad and Goob watched Ice Age 1 and 2 again....oh yeah, another nap for Dad. Do all kids watch movies like that.....back to back? I mean its okay if they do, more sleep for us!!!
Saturday night we all made dinner together and then we split up and took the kids into their own rooms to play. Ribbit and I danced to her new kitty cat piano, played with her whack-a-ball and then she wrestled me everytime I said " shoes" ....she thought it was hilarious!!! Dad and Goob played with his new car tracks and then got scrabble ready for the three of us to play after Ribbit went to bed.
Scrabble was interesting. WHo knew that teachers were telling kids that NFR and DTH were words? :)Our main goals were to 1) get Goober to sit still and finish something and 2) to get him to read every word that was laid down. We only used 3 and 4 letter words and he did good sounding them out. Adam told him several times " dont look at mom's mouth, look at the word". I am a little bit of a pushover and I try to help too much. Who would have thought that? Everyone who knows us agrees that they all thought that I would be the strict parent....even Adam. But that is completely opposite of how it is. Adam sticks to the rules and routines we have sat up and uses really big words :). I am just out for kisses and cuddle time and beg Adam if I can keep them up just for 10 more minutes :).
After scrabble Goob laid on the couch with me and I rubbed his head b/c his stomach was hurting. He was out in 10 minutes and went to bed easily.

This morning we were all up and eating breakfast at 7:15. We got ready for church and made it with 10 minutes to spare. Goober loves his sunday school teacher and she asked us to fill in for her on an upcoming weekend....we are excited because Goob has a hard time remembering what he did in sunday school, so this will give us a good insight. Ribbit of course went straight in and stole the hearts of all of the nursery workers....they all tell us that she is so easy and sweet....of course she is, she is our child :).
Goob came with us to the first part of our sunday school to pass out Thank You cards for presents he had received. Then he went down to children's church. He told everyone how hungry he was and that he got no breakfast....WHAT!!, he definitely had a bowl of cereal!

Lately, he has been watching my every move when I am driving. He says " mom, you are going 32 in a 30, or you just went under the yellow light, I bet you are going to get pulled over again. Why did I ever teach him how to read the speed or tell when you are getting close to being out of gas??????

He has also started to volunteer to pray at dinner and before bed. They usually go like this " Dear God, please help mom feel better, help dad finish his book, make Ribbit sleep more and less whiny, in the name of Jesus ( hehe), Amen. " We are very glad that he likes to pray and that he is taking it seriously.

Overall great last couple of days....we are all looking forward to spring break in a couple of week and spending a whole week at the beach!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment