Thursday, June 9, 2011

The First 48

Today started out just like any other day in the Harvell household. Ribbit sounded off as our six-o'clock alarm and immediately wanted her breakfast. There was a heavy feeling in the air though as we thought about the day to come. It was as if we were swimming slowly around the house in our own world while trying to work through the routine that makes up our morning.
I am new at this blogging thing, so please bear with me as I trudge through my feelings and try to put them in words. Don't worry all you Kinzie fans, because she will still be posting almost every day!
I will start out by listing just what made up the morning and merge this with the flight since there isn't much to talk about on the flight. However, there could be some interesting things happen when I board in 2 hours. Right now I am sitting at gate D14 waiting for these Canadians to give me a comfortable seat and possibly a beverage? It fascinates me to look around at the litany of people who decide to fly and imagine what type of family they are leaving or going to.
As we pulled up to drop me off after sitting in traffic for nearly an hour, Goober gave me the best hug he has ever given me to this point. He held on for what seemed like an eternity and I could tell he was fighting back tears just like his old man. Kinzie was just the opposite, she had already had the water works going hard since yesterday. It just about broke my heart this morning and I hated to leave them. I still have tears in my eyes as I write this. I just miss them so much already!!
So, the flights were definitely exciting just as any Canadian would be. The first flight was fairly bumpy and my screen didn't work so I couldn't watch anything on it. However, the coke was tasty. I found it silly that they didn't serve a meal on the 3.5 hour flight from Dallas to Toronto. Also considering it fell directly during lunch time. On the plus side I got to spend $8 on the cheapest hamburger at the airport (it came with fries and a drink). Luckily every airport has had free wifi so I have been able to skype with the Kinzie and the kids!!! And after watching four movies and not being able to fall asleep because of cramped quarters and the guy behind me jamming his knees into my back, I landed in Tel Aviv at 3 a.m. Central time. Then I pleaded with the various airport providers that are listed as being the ones giving me a ride back to the states only to find that they could do nothing to change my ticket because they were not the ones to book it? Makes no sense to me too. So, somehow I have to find a way to either call Air Canada or the travel agency that booked the flight.
Here is a video that Kinzie took of Goober that was on the camera when I got here:

No comments:

Post a Comment