Saturday, June 11, 2011

-3 hours of sleep

So we are here, 12 hour drive later....sweet home alabama. Ribbit seriously talked for about 2 hours straight, which aggravated the snot out of Goober who, like his mom, wants silence when he is watching movies. Then Ribbit screamed " mommy, hold me" for about 30-45 minutes until I made it funny for her. The she developed the hiccups, the whole time annoying sweet Goober who just sat there the whole time.
Goober was a little sedated though--Friday morning was rough for all. I woke up with a killer headache and felt queasy. Goober slept with me that night and we both tossed and turned. Turns out he was bitten the night before in his private parts and it was very uncomfortable. By the time I actually saw his discomfort the next morning it was RED AND SWOLLEN. So we rushed to his doctor ( all the while trying to pack, clean and get things ready for the people who are cat-sittin for us and oh yeah, trying to not vomit on one or both of my children). The doctor comfirmed that he was pretty much ate up by some chiggers--neck, armpits and private areas. So now we have a steroid cream and he is taking benadryl....poor thing. When we left the doctor he said " can i call dad?".
Its now 7:22 and like usual I have been up since 6:15 with Ribbit---even though we got in at 3:30 and have slept for less than 3 hours total. Good thing my parents and Uncle Chris want some grandkid time....maybe I'll get some zzzzz's.

1 comment:

  1. It is never less than crazy traveling with kids! Especially alone!!!!!

    ReplyDelete