Thursday, January 19, 2012

Terrific Tuesday

I meant to post this yesterday but alas, by the time I sat down, watched the Biggest Loser and researched healthy food options for an hour it completely slipped my mind.
SOOOO, here is why we had a Terrific Tuesday.
1st-Goober got a 100 on his math test and knows all of his spelling words perfectly...come on 100, I can smell you!
2nd-Ribbit started a new class today at her daycare...one where you have to wear big girl panties. When I picked her up in the afternoon she wasn't wearing the clothes I dropped her off in...my first thought was "crap". But the teacher quickly said "she is only wearing new clothes because she dropped her shirt in the potty" YAY!!! She went all day, even through nap time in big girl panties!!! Yay for RIBBIT!!!
I mean what we will do with all that money that we spend on diapers and wipes?.......heck, we may just go crazy and buy us a Minivan!!!

Her new teacher also asked us if we teach Ribbit spanish at home.....I said "why" and she said " well she told me to ANDALE all day loooonnnng! HAHAHA, we say that to her all the time because she saunters every where she goes, never in a hurry to do anything. Our little bilingual genius.

Diet, so far so good. We have had some Biggest Loser Pasta Salads, Tofu and Chirizo Enchiladas, Sugar Free Dairy Free Gluten Free (whew) banana muffins.....this weekend I am going to attempt homemade ice cream using Coconut Milk....the local farmers market was having a huge sale on Red Delicious Apples so we have also been tearing those up...gonna juice a lot of them and make some apple bread---same recipe as zucchini bread but subbing coconut oil for butter, agave for sugar and making my own pecan flour....I am thinking it will taste like an out of this world APPLE PECAN PIE!!!! YUMMY!!!!  We have also been eating lots of roasted veggies-brussel sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms!

To much longer and we will be raising our own chickens and goats and planting a garden outback....heck, if I knew for sure how long we would be in this new house I may start tilling tonight :).

Pray for Adam, he starts back tomorrow---INTO HIS LAST SEMESTER OF SCHOOL...can I get a HALLELUJAH?....So from now until he leaves for Israel we will pretty much only see each other as we share a bathroom in the morning and on Sundays at church....oh the life :).

Here is a videos that should brighten your day. This is Goobers practice for the speech meet on Friday...we have since added a large smile between the reference and actual verse and a bow at the end....however, we picked this scripture for him to do for the long term benefits (wink wink)....we weren't about to let him memorize a story when he could memorize God's word on the importance of obeying your parents :).

Goober showing his love for the Chicken Curry Soup and Brussel Sprouts
Ribbit was a little less enthusiastic, but look at that sweet hand showcasing the soup :)

No comments:

Post a Comment