Friday, January 20, 2012

Recipes

Adam's out having a bowling night with the boys, the kids are both asleep, I just finished off a big ole bowl of cut up apples with dark chocolate drizzle (no sugar) and unsweetened coconut..YUMMY!!!

Here are two recipes that have been a huge hit with the kiddos...and are gluten free, dairy free and under 3 grams of sugar for the whole dagum meal :).

Chicken Coconut Curry Soup
1 can of Lite Coconut Milk
2 tbsp. red curry paste
1 can chicken
dash of fish sauce-found in thai aisle

Mix all together, heat up and serve over rice!!

Tofu/Chirizo Enchiladas-makes 6 big'uns
1 case of extra firm tofu--holds up better and less slimy :)
1 link of chirizo
1 can black beans
1 avacado
1 tomato
1 can corn
1 green pepper
1 onion
gluten free wraps
1 can verde enchilada sauce

Cook chirizo for about 5 minutes on stove top, add in tofu--the natural oils from the chirizo will cook the tofu and give it a better texture. Drain meat-in same pan cook onion and peppers. To meat add all cooked veggies plus can of corn  and can of beans. Put in wraps, top with can of verde sauce. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, broil for about 2 minutes. Top with small chunks of tomatoes and avacadoes.....you won't even miss the cheese!!!!

This weekend I plan on tackling SDG free cupcakes and ice cream..WATCH OUT!!

I'll leave you with this sweet video of the two best things that ever happened to Adam and I. Can you believe that in 3 short weeks we will have been a family for a year? I can't remember not having them....I can't remember not waking up to demands of food and spongebob....I can't remember what it was like to get to work/church/anything on time, with everything I need in tow :). I CAN remember praying/pleading with God to give us children....having a physical ache for them in my arms. We are BLESSED!


No comments:

Post a Comment