Sunday, January 15, 2012

Brainwashing my kids

Well its working, this crazy new way of eating is working. Goob had two pretty solid weeks of behavior at school (and Adam needed sleep) so I took the kids to a dinner of their choice and two basketball games at our school. We went to McDonalds...duh. I spent about 30 minutes on their nutrition site to see what I could eat there....the answer is nothing....nothing that was both dairy free, low in sugar, and that didn't make me vomit on cue. So, I ate the new all white meat chicken tenders with hot mustard (no sugar) for dipping sauce and an unsweet tea. The kids both got happy meals, they totally deserved it after 2 weeks of eating so well.
I immediately felt sick to my stomach and hated myself for ever leaving the house without my own food (what I will do if there is a next time).
Afterwards, Goob said .................wait for it............duh duh duh...........its pretty exciting stuff............."Mom, next time we come here can we bring our own food and just play on their playground?".......YAY YAY YAY..he likes our food better. Take that Ronald. Needless to say he had a stomach ache today and passed some pretty potent poots. Mom-1, Ronald-0.
So what have we been eating? Tuna fish sandwiches, Lots of fruit, Tofu taco salad--yep Ribbit cleaned her plate, Hummus with cut up veggies, cornmeal grits made with soymilk---yummy Edamame, roasted brussel sprouts, sweet potato chips, kale chips, muffins made with turbinado, crisco, applesauce and we are looking into switching to almond flour/chickpea flour/oat flour. We (both Adam and I) have been learning about food and how they really do affect the body. We watched a documentary last night about a man who had a skin disease, took loads of medication every day for 9 years and simply got rid of medications, rid of the disease and lost 60 lbs. because he only ate micronutrient foods-beans, nuts, veggies and fruit. HELLO!!!!! A doctor on that show was saying that Americans now eat 60% processed foods, 30% animal products and 5% of both veggies and fruits...how sad. The sad part is that I didn't know any better...i thought that milk was good for you. WRONG...its one of the hardest things for your body to digest and therefore should only be consumed (along with all other dairy) once a week. So, to end my soapbox we are also starting to juice more of those micronutrient foods and have that juice everyday for breakfast. This morning was watermelon, kale, cranberries and bananas....it was so good that even Goob drank a whole cup....come to think of it maybe that is where his potent poots came from :). We also joined a local Co-Op to get fresh produce..today was our first pick up day and we were stoked....two laundry baskets of fresh produce for $15....cheap and healthy...can't beat that!

Here are some pictures that I just got around to uploading...leftover from Christmas...Adam and I were just editing some of them and agreed that we have THE two cutest kids ever!!!

A tiger tent from Nana and Papa....which is now in the playroom and used daily!
 Opening stockings at Lolly and Cap's house.
 1st Christmas for the Newlyweds
 Mt. Dew pants.
 Ribbit and Angel were fast friends...and naptime buddies :)
 The great grandkids on Nannie and Papaws side.
 Ribbit and her cousin Olivia opening gifts.
 Me and my sweet cousin Heather...she was my Junior Bridesmaid in my wedding.
 Mom pile...not sure how this happened, oh wait yes I am....UNCLE CHRIS!!!...but look at that sweet smile on my boys face!
 Passing out gifts to Nana and Papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment