Monday, August 15, 2011

Tae Kwon Do

Goober has just been saying and doing the funniest things lately.
He comes up to my classroom on Tues/Thurs and waits for me to finish teaching since his school gets out earlier than mine. Last year he did just fine and entertained himself behind my desk. Well this year he is ready for some attention.
First let me tell you that he thinks he is a man. He has been begging us to let him wear deodorant and wife beaters (those white tank tops looking things for boys). We have been declining both of those requests. But, when Goober and I went to Wal Mart the other night to get him some correct (i'm a horrible uniform mom) uniform socks he saw the tank tops and started pleading for them. I said no at least 3 times and he finally said " mom, you won't let me wear deodorant and you won't let me have these and mom I am a man!!!". I laughed so hard and grabbed a pack of those stupid little cheap tank tops.
So there you have it, Goober now wears a little tank top underneath his school polo shirt every day. He came into my classroom on Thursday and immediately went to my desk chair ( I was teaching up front). About 2 minutes later I hear all of my 7th graders laughing and look up to see that Goober has stripped down to his tank top, shorts and socks....has put one of my headbands around his forehead (picture a sweat band) and is standing in my desk chair looking out over the whole class.
Then right before the bell rang he came over and started putting his feet up on one of my 7th grade girls desks ( he knows her from last year). I asked him what he was doing and he said in a really macho voice "just stretching for tae kwon do"....HA

So speaking of Tae Kwon Do...here are some pictures and videos...that class is going well so far and he hasn't tried to use any moves on Ribbit yet!






He is still not sure of all the Korean commands....watch those hips :)



Yeah, he is totally cheating...but he is a cute cheater and he said he didn't know how to do it correctly....his teacher made him re-do it :)

And here are some more of him warming up...he really does try his hardest....and he is really concerned about his tae kwon do suit looking just right!!!...oh, and he pronounces it Twi Kwon Dough---he is picking up my accent and its starting to become really noticeable and really really cute...especially how he says his new last name....Harvell....its about 5 syllables long!

No comments:

Post a Comment