Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Goober 1st day of 1st grade

Today was a busy busy busy day for everyone in our family!!!!
Goober started first grade today and I was really worried. He got mad at me on the way to school because I got him a large Sprite at McDonalds, not a medium one as he requested. I knew I would need a sweet tea to get through today and I always get him a drink...he normally drinks it after school too. So needless to say, he got a few " get over its, and move ons" from mom. He walked straight to his class though and immediately smiled. His teacher, Mrs. Stewart helped him get started and when I went to give him a kiss he said " bye mom" and dodged it :). I still got one though!!!
The minute he got to my class after school he showed me his homework ( he was proud to finally have homework), his sticker for good behavior and his empty lunchbox. He did his homework in about 5 minutes and was super proud of himself. He told me that he sits at a table with a girl named Payton and she is 6. He said he is the oldest in his class and that he ate most of his lunch but didn't like the jelly in his peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
He then told me that they do "reading in their minds" in 1st grade. He said it was weird because he had never "read in his mind" just out loud :). He said that he spent a lot of time trying to figure out a word and that he actually started to sweat while doing so. When I asked him what word it was he said "tractor" and that he should have know because it was  a tractor book. Just the way he told me everything and how excited he was kept me laughing.

Ribbit and Dad also got a lot done today, she had her 2 year old check-up and the doctor told Adam that it was the best one she had ever done. She said that Ribbit is very happy (duh) and that her vocabulary is superb.  She is in love with her kitchen from CC and Gramps and tonight when we started to put her to bed she told every part of her kitchen bye bye and that she loved them :). She's also pretty fond of her Mr. Potato Head doll and likes to wear his glasses.

I taught all day long today, still not ready for the school year to begin :). We raced home after school to get Goober to tae kwon do. When he came home from that he had to read 4 books to get caught up on the summer reading log that I had no clue about....im not surprised. He read all 4 of them in less than 15 minutes and went right to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment