Saturday, August 13, 2011

Family of Five

Did that title get your attention? Well, it almost happened. Our adoption coordinator who allowed us to get Ribbit and Goober so quickly called on Friday. They had an 11 day old Hispanic baby boy who needed a home that night and we were first pick. Adam and I had very little time to make a decision. We talked very calmly and tried to think about our kids first. In the end we decided that right now would not be a good time to bring in a baby, or any other child. We want to give Goober and Eli ample time to be Harvells and to see how we do things, including birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving,etc. I hurt for that baby but our coordinator did let me know that the baby had been taken by a family from our agency (everyone wants baby so I knew he would find a home). She also told us that we were on her short list of families to call for these type of situations...which is great...we want more kids and since we aren't used to having a long wait or transition period, we really don't know what we are missing :). Sooooo, needless to say I burned up a lot of categories there within a 20 minute period :)

We are having a yardsale next weekend, shhhhh...dont' tell Adam :). We need to get rid of some stuff before attempting to move closer to my school. I went through all of the kids clothes and there was a ton that they have outgrown....however, I will not part with the outfit that they both came to us in and the outfits they had on in the pictures we were first sent of them. I will probably keep those for forever just to remember that very special week in our lives. I'm also keeping some clothes that are in almost brand new condition to either give away or keep (since our family will expand eventually). Everything else is up for sell....Goober was super cute helping me to decide what to keep and sale. He would make a horrid face at the shirts he didn't like and make a comment like "ewww" or "never". He is so fashionable. Some things though he would say "What do you think mom"....that made my day!

Today I had the kids to myself...Adam took a job with a friend to make some extra cash. Anyways we went to Chic Fil A for lunch and the kids played for an entire hour in the play area. Goober instantly became friends with a little boy there and I heard him tell him that his name was "Michael".....he loves loves loves his new name and I am thrilled...I didn't correct him or ask him why he told that boy that.
When we were leaving I said "guys, come on" ...and everything since then that has come out of Ribbit's mouth has been followed with a "come onnnnnnn".

Here are some recent pictures....from the weekend when my parents visited. They are pretty good! Ribbit didn't want anyone to hold her but Papa so that is why she is making the mad face in one and why my dad is in the other one with us!







No comments:

Post a Comment