Monday, July 11, 2011

A very good day to be a Mommy

Today was a day that I won't forget for a long time. Lots of things happened. good things.
1. I felt horrible when I woke up this morning. I could barely swallow my throat hurt so bad. I took some medicine and conked out until I heard Bre say " Hey Mommy". I looked down and Adam had already gotten her completely ready for church. I then heard him arguing with Eli in the next room. Adam said "bud, why don't you want to go to church?". Eli said " because I want to stay here and do things for mom so she doesn't have to get out of bed". Then he started crying. Adam took the kids onto church and I got up and got ready, so I could at least go to Sunday school. When Adam went to pick Eli up after sunday school his teacher said that he was so sad all morning, that he barely spoke and that he wanted them to pray for his momma to feel better.......make your heart melt huh :). He prayers were answered and I feel fine now :).
2. On the way home from church Bre was mumbling something and I said " what?". Eli said " Mom, she said she wants to kiss a dolphin".....DUH!!!!
3. We took the kids to a water park tonight and Eli and Bre just laughed and played. Eli rode this one slide at least 20 times, maybe even more. He also told me that everyone was staring at my large bruise on my leg the whole time :).

Two sad things happened today too...
1. Eli later told me today that he never wanted me to get sick because he didn't want to be taken away from us. I can't go into details but he thinks that is one reason why he was taken away from a past placement. I promised him that no matter how sick I got that his Dad would be there to take care of him and vice versa. I also told him that even if I was bed-ridden with sickness the rest of my life that I would be his mom. I love that he doesn't want to leave us but hate that he still has those bad memories.
2. On the way home from the water park both Eli and Bre just sang and sang. I started singing "the itsy bitsy spider" and doing the hand motions, thinking at least Eli would sing along. He said " wait, what is that song, I never heard it". My heart broke......he didn't know that song or "twinkle twinkle little star" . We literally spent the next 30 minutes going over and over each song until he got them. He was sooo happy to learn them. It makes me wonder what else he missed out???



And now pictures from Alabama...just the highlights!!! End of our visit with CC and Gramps and some from our one day visit to Auburn!





No comments:

Post a Comment