Thursday, May 5, 2011

too tired to write too much

I just wanted to update the blog before I forget how stinkin funny Goob has been the last couple of days. We have had lots of time to just hang out after school as I stayed to watch some of my students in a play yesterday and then gave a painting lesson today.

G: Mom, when are we going to be at McDonalds
Mom: Goob, we just got in the car
G: Mom, but you know me...you know that I am not patient!!

Mom: Darn, I didn't know that they closed Borders, I really wanted to buy that book!
G: Well, it doesn't really matter to me, I can't read anyways.

Overhead at the play during intermission "Who let the dogs out" comes on
G: Woof Woof Woof, man i love this song, its my favorite----and he starts dancing!!!


Yesterday we did have a rough patch though. We went to get frozen yogurt and this family from our school was already inside eating. Their youngest son ran up to us and yelled back to his mom "This is my friend Goober, he was an orphan, but now he goes to my school!!". The mom about melted and couldn't get to her kids mouth fast enough. I bent down to both boys and said " Goober was not an orphan....he had a lot of people that loved him, and now we get to love him". The little boy said " oh he had a bad family?" and I said " no, his family was so good that they gave him to us since they couldn't take care of him, so now we are adopting him". The mom of the other boy apologized about a bijillion times. Goob didn't say one word until we got into the car. Then he said " Mom, you don't have to tell them that I am adopted, they know because you are a peach parent :)".....love that kid!!! We did have a long talk about how people are going to ask us questions the rest of our life because of how different we look and that there is nothing wrong with being adopted.
You don't know how bad I wanted to follow him around school today in case that little boy retold the story or had more questions for Eli.

No comments:

Post a Comment