Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bre Bre


I titled the post as "Bre Bre" because we rarely just call her Bre........Adam has taken to calling her Punkin, I call her "sweet girl" and Eli calls her " Bre Bre". She has really grown--no longer can she walk underneath the entertainment center doors without hitting her head. She is now saying or at least tryin to say everything we do. Adam told me good job and patted my butt this morning, so Bre followed right along and patted my butt as well. She is also understanding more and we can give her more complex instructions.
She has permanently bruised my entire skull as she has head butted me at least 20 times ( most of them are lovingly as we play). She has also slammed a toy into my head while "playing" as well.
Yesterday, we had another HUGE first with her. We have been letting her nap without a diaper on and it has really helped her diaper rash...she rarely even gets it anymore. Well we got home from running errands yesterday and she was bushed. I remembered telling Adam that she was due for a big stinky. Well he put her down and the rest of us conked out for about 30 minutes. Then we heard her crying and we figured she woke up and would fall back asleep as we knew she needed a looonnng nap since she was up and down the night before. Well after about 10 minutes of continuous moaning and whining I got up to check on her. All I can say is that I felt like I was walking into a murder scene and that the music of " WEH WEH WEH" was playing in the background. Not only had she pooped (thank goodness we always put a towel underneath her when she sleeps naked) but she had scooped it up and had matted her hair with it, given herself a facial with it, smudged it into two of her stuffed animals, wiped it along almost every part of her crib, and covered two blankets with it, but she was SMILING!!!!! Her room (and our house for about 20 minutes after) smelled like DEATH, and a bad DEATH at that. I screamed---i think I was speechless---- and Adam rushed in. We looked at each other and just went into action. He ran and started running a bath. I grabbed all her blankets and ran to the sink. While he was bathing her I soaked her blankets, put them in the wash, threw away those two animals and wiped down her crib. When she got out of the bath she wanted some loving and was very cheerful........what a charming little girl.
Looking back on it, we both wished we would have stopped and taken a picture of it----just to show her future spouse:).

On a brighter note, Eli and I are DONE WITH SCHOOL!!!.. He has a pajama party tomorrow and I have inservice towards the end of this week but other than that we are officially on summer break!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment