Thursday, May 19, 2011

2 more days of school left....THANK YOU JESUS

So, from the title, can you tell that I am uber ready for summer? I fully understand now why we have summers off....its not that teachers " get " them, its that teachers "NEED" them!!! It seems like there are 500 things left to to do though before I can officially enjoy summer.
Last night was one of those things, 499 left, as Eli and I went to the Fine Art Showcase. It's where we honor all of our Rhetoric Art students and pass out awards. Before hand, Eli and I spent about 2 hours setting up chairs, arranging tables and cleaning up. He helped with every bit and I never once had to get on to him....what a great helper!!! Then, as 135 people filled the room, we all got in line for the buffet. Eli and I were karate chopping at each other and at one point he jumped up to chop my shoulder. The minute he left the ground his pants dropped to his ankles. I bent down to help him but was laughing so hard that I knocked him over. Therefore, we both were dying laughing as he laid in the floor in his underwear. Of course it was my fault because I grabbed dresspants that were too big and no belt. All I could think though was " thank you God for reminding him to put on underwear this morning".
Bre has been reminding us daily that her 2 year old birthday party is right around the corner. Talk about attitude and temper!!!! She loves loves loves to tell us NO and she loves loves loves to point her finger and pout. She has served several time-outs lately--most of them for throwing her dinner, head-butting mom and throwing a tantrum while we were playing a board game with Eli. She might give us a run for our money just yet!!!
However, when she turns on the charm, its on full force and everywhere we go people just fall in love with her.
Tonight at dinner, Eli said " Dad, why are you so white?"...hehe
Eli's new favorite song is " I've got Joy down in my heart, deep deep down in my heart.....spell it...JOY....down in my heart, deep deep down in my heart. Jesus put it here and nothing can destroy it, stroy it, stroy it, HUH!!.....
Except for sometimes he spells other things such as "BOY, CAT, DAD....any 3 letter word he can remember how to spell at the moment will do!!!
Bre is now running to her practice potty, lifting the lid, sitting down and saying " pee pee". Of course 95% of the time she still has on her diaper but at least she knows the function of the potty. She also knows exactly what to do with toilet paper as I watched her wipe her diaper several times with toilet paper while she was waiting on me to get out of the shower this morning!

Here is Bre's song as of lately, "why, why,why".....love love love her little movements and serious face.... as you can tell we always crack up and encourage her to sing as looonnnngg as she wants!!!






Please excuse this one....it took it the wrong way so you will have to turn your head..i also want to apologize for my gum smacking....geesh, you would think I would have some manners!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment