Tuesday, May 17, 2011

B U S T E D

So, Goob and I have around a 20-30 minute drive to school depending on traffic and depending on the clock ( I can always get us there faster). Therefore, Goober has seen me in a lot of high stress situations as we travel on two main interstates that are both known for causing sane people to go crazy.
Well this afternoon as we were leaving Kroger, a nice women let me go ahead of her into the right lane and Goober said " well, at least SHEEEE has a decent bone in her body".....yup, i felt super stupid and apologized to Goober very quickly for letting traffic frustrate me to the point of saying something along those lines in the past. In fact I find myself apologizing a lot lately.....for saying that we will be there in 2 seconds when really its 5 minutes....for exaggerating anything really,.....for not knowing that it would rain two days in a row and promising that he could ride his scooter tomorrow :).....but I like that he is hearing an adult who is willing to apologize and that I am asking him for forgiveness.

This morning we had the kids psychiatric appointment, yet another step in the adoption process. I think that the lady was overall impressed. She asked the same questions that most of the other ones asked but she also had Goob complete some math problems and read to her. She also showed him some weird pictures-some gross- that he had to name them and describe their function. I am amazed at the questions Goob is asked---and his behavior as of recent in answering them.

Goob showing off the tricks he can do on his scooter!!


and here is our little daredevil child!

No comments:

Post a Comment