Saturday, May 21, 2011

My sweet boy


As you can guess from the little posting I did this week that we were quite busy. Goob and I spent two nights up at the school for the Art Showcase and Graduation. Both night he behaved wonderfully and was lots of fun to be with. He helped me set up tables and chairs for the showcase and was very quiet and attentive during graduation. He has gone almost an entire month without behavior issues at school. He is making friends and people are noticing how affectionate he is becoming. I have started receiving more and more kisses on the cheek and lips and "i love you" is no longer something we get every now and then.
During our last CPS visit he and Ribbit played so sweetly together and our worker was amazed at how good he was with her, even when she knocked over his fort several times.
During our last AFS visit, Goob kept whispering things in my ear that he wanted her to know...all really funny things that happened in our family or at school. She noted a very big difference in his attitude towards us as well.
However, there have been two things that we have had to address lately. One happened while he was combing my hair the other day ( a new favoite ). He said " mom your hair is long, but not as long as Lady Gaga's. Adam and I both got wide eyed and asked him how in the world he knew of Lady Gaga. He said " my mom let me listen to her"......We just gently said that we didn't approve of her music or the way she dressed so we were going to listen to other music. No arguments there.
Second, the other day while I was ironing he was watching me and said " when did you meet your mom?" . I asked him to clarify. He said " well I met you when you were 26 so when did you meet your mom, how old was she?". My heart just melted. I told him that my mom had me when she was 24 and so that is when I met her. I told him that his situation was special and so he met me later on in life. He said "so you met your mom when she was 24" and walked away looking like he was trying to calculate something in his head. I just thought that it was kinda sad that he thinks that most people "meet their parents".
God is sooo good to us though still. Goober loves loves to sing all the songs he learns in chapel and at church. He loves Sunday school and children's church. He loves to read the story of David out of his children's bible. He always always remembers that we are going to pray as we are pulling into school. Some times I am soo attentive to traffic that he says "mom, park so we can pray"!!!!. He also is learning to pray for different things before dinner..it used to just be " bless this food, bless our bodies, HeyMan". He is now remembering to pray for others and to thank God as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment