Sunday, May 1, 2011

Playing at the Park

Bre loves climbing up the stairs and sliding down when we go to the park. She will do it several times in a row and normally won't stop until we leave or if she bumps her head on the slide. Eli is doing really well at making friends with the kids at the park. They normally have to make the first move but he goes for it after that.
We learned a great lesson last night.....caffeine and Eli don't mix ever. We normally do not let him have soda at all and if we do its caffeine free sprite. Well after his musical last night we went to Rosas for dinner because Adam was craving Mexican and to celebrate Eli's good performance. They didn't have sprite and since we were "celebrtaing" mom gave in and let him have not one but two cups of coke....i know that you are all rolling your eyes and saying "what was she thinking?".
When we got home it was like the kid had just discovered how loud he could be and everything was super funny. He made himself sick he laughed so hard. He then got very very silly and the house turned into a racetrack. We let him calm down a little before he went to bed but even then I had to lay with him. He loves to lay on top of me and let me rub his back while he falls asleep. However, last night he said " I miss my mom" right after I started rubbing his back. I said " you will always miss her bud". He said " I dont miss living with her or my aunt becky". A couple minutes later he said " i don't know if i miss her". I told him that he probably misses her just because she is his mom and he doesnt' have to worry about telling us that. After that I got several kisses on the cheek and mouth and several hugs while he was telling me that he likes living here, its just different :). He eventually calmed down and I walked out.
But then around 9:30/10:00 he wondered out and was scared of monsters. We talked about how we shouldn't fear anything but the Lord and Adam offered to walk through his room. So then he left his bedroom door all the way open so he could see the light from the living room and he talked to himself for almost another hour. When we tiptoed off to bed he was laying sideways and both pillows were at his door without pillowcases on them?????.
Upside is he and Bre slept until 8:00 this morning......CRAZY....Bre is our alarm clock so yes we overslept and didn't make it to church. Besides that the weather here was super bad and Adam is now feeling the worst part of this stomach bug/cough we have all been swapping back and forth.

I'll leave you with a video of Bre on the slide at the park. She loves to count to three and then go!

No comments:

Post a Comment