Sunday, June 28, 2015

Happy 11th Birthday Goober



Today is Goobers 11th birthday...even though I bought things with the #12 on them for his birthday party (mom of the year award), he is in fact only turning 11.


In his words he is now officially a pre-teen.


I am always sad when I sit down and think about how fast my children are growing up and how independent they are becoming. I have to do a lot of convincing now to get loonnng hugs or cuddles or kisses from Goober...I get it, I am not cool :).

MOMMY/SON DATE TO CELEBRATE HIS 7TH BIRTHDAY

He is becoming more and more attentive, more responsible and takes more time to process things before he wants to talk them through. He listens well in church and can normally pick out the "big idea" from each sermon. He questions things, tells the same jokes over and over and is easily distracted by just about any sport or at the sighting of another child his age.


He starts 5th grade next year, that means 7 new teachers, 2 new electives, school sports teams and the chance to actually get detention ;).

As much as I hate seeing him grow older I am so thankful that this year is over. I've talked about it a lot but 4th grade was just plain awful. We have dug deep to try to figure out what triggered the bad behavior/ attitude/ grades but in the end I think it was just one of those years where he was being a boy and we weren't used to him acting out. He had no idea how to handle any changes, anyone who didn't 100% like him, anyone who was annoyed by him or how to study for school. Having a family member move in with us, having both parents work at his school and realizing that he now had to share his Uncle Chris may have just put him over the edge. Regardless, the Lord taught us all a lot...through counseling, long tearful talks, long tearful raging moments, LOTS AND LOTS of discipline, groundings and very little TV ;).

CHILLING IN HIS MOHAWK AND SKULL SHOES

Goober read my ABCs and wanted to do them himself. We changed them up a bit so in honor of Goober here are the ABCs of his 10, almost 11 year self.



A-Age- 10, will be 11 on Monday
B-Biggest Fear- getting smushed by an 18 wheeler
C-Current Time-12:52
D-Last drink you had, Dr. Pepper (we just finished a birthday party where all bets are off :)


E-Easiest person to talk to-Moshe (our next door neighbor)
F-Favorite Song-God's not dead
G-Grossest memory-Vomiting at school after you (mom) told me to burp so that my stomach would feel better
H-Homestate-Texas


I-Interest-Books
J-Jealous of?-Dads iphone 6
K-Killer at? Football
L-Longest drive?-To Alabama
M-Middle Name? (to protect him I will give you a hint, its one of the only 2 angels mentioned by name in the bible

1 DAY AFTER BECOMING A BIG BROTHER TO TWO!

N-# of siblings-2
O-One wish to be granted? To fly on a plane
P-Person you last spoke to on phone?-CC
Q-Question you are asked the most often? "Where did my Goober go?"...I say this when I come home from working out as most of the time the kids run and hide and I pretend that I am super sad as I walk around saying " Where did my Goober, Ribbit, Baby Boy go?
R-Reason to smile?-because I am blessed


S-Song you last sang-Well I was humming all morning but it wasn't a song
T-Time you woke up this morning-7:50
U-Unique about me? I was in foster care a bunch
V-Best Vacation-Disney World
W-Worst Habit-Humming (YUP, this child constantly hums, another reason he got in trouble at school :)


X-Xtra tidbits-I love Harry Potter movies
Y-Your favorite food and drink- Anything Hersheys and Cherry Coke
Z-Favorite Zoo Animal?-Gorilla

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG MAN, WE LOVE YOU!!!

1/2 BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION IN 1ST GRADE

MAY THE LORD BLESS AND KEEP YOU, MAY HIS FACE SHINE UPON YOU AND BE GRACIOUS TO YOU, MAY HE LIFT HIS COUNTENANCE UPON YOU AND GIVE YOU HIS PEACE.

MY BIG MAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment