Wednesday, March 14, 2012

what day is it?

I'm not really sure what day it is, yet alone what time..the sun is up so we will call it daytime. It doesn't matter to little one, he does his own thing, as I am sure most 2 weeks old do.
The last 3 nights have ... well, STUNK. Adam and I have finally found a somewhat reliable schedule with him and through the wonderful world of technology we got about 5 hours of sleep last night..on either side of feedings. Adam downloaded an app that played a thunderstorm sound and dang, all 3 of us were out for 3 straight hours. Little one, is hot natured, like his big sister and only wanted a onesie on, nothing else, and for heaven's sake STOP SWADDLING ME!!!
We have tried to keep him cool and well fed (a much needed thing for detoxing babies). We have also learned not to make direct eye contact with him and keep lots of stimuli (goober and ribbit) from screaming around him...all of this will of course get better as those toxins are flushed out of his system.
He is so adorable and makes the best faces...he even tried to kiss on momma during burp session this morning :).

Our family has survived the last 3 days only because my parents were here, otherwise I would be refereeing a fight right now or feeling super guilty about how little I have done with them. Instead they are out watching a movie and eating ungodly amounts of junk food with CC and Papaw :). Oh, and coming home with new toys :). I did take Ribbit in the bath with me this morning and she had the best time washing my hair, we just sat in there and played. Last night I read Goober a bedtime story and pretended to beat up this rather large bear he has, who he swears keeps him up at night :)...just little things to keep the mommy guilt down.

Little ribbit has been doing some funny things lately...like when she came out of her room the other morning and I was feeding Izzy she said " what you doin wit my baby?" and then today she hit me and when I asked her to apologize she waited for a minute and said " Sorry KIN ZIE"...bwa hah ah ah.

Goober has been kissing all over little brother, making papaw sweat it up at basketball, feeding the ducks at the pond and enjoying having the week off from school. I am not exaggerating when I say that God gave us a miracle this week in letting us get Izzy the day before our spring break started so that we could have a solid week with him before chaos.

Our sweet friends who excel at photography gave us a free new born session and pretty much spent the whole morning capturing pictures of our family. We love them and these pictures. There are more to come but these are the ones that they sent us as teasers.

Little and Big Sister, middle child, cute and cuddly, shy hardly ever, curls on top of curls, the best smile, always happy, a morning person, loves to dance, likes all thing Dora, Strawberry Cupcake (shortcake), Play Dough, Princess and chocolate :).
 Big Brother to two, the best little athlete, loves with all he has, gives the best compliments when you need it the most, very thoughtful, loves to sing, will give you anything you need, loves all things dinosaur, cars, sports, camo, frisbee golf, any movie with the word "butt" or "fart" in it.
 Family of 5, I look at this picture and see lots of things. One, I was soo stinking tired that I really couldn't get my eyes to open any wider. I also see a little girl doing criss cross applesauce. I see a 7 year old who begged to sit on the fence post and who dressed himself that morning and did a great job. I see a little baby clinging to his hopefully forever mommy. I see two young kiddos (me and adam of course :) who had no clue that they would be a family of 5 13 months ago :).
 Our newest addition who just laughed and smiled for us, seems to already like going outside, loves to sleep with both hands up at his face and who seems to have super human strength already. Oh, and who has great hair :)
 Psalm 127: 3-5

 3 Children are a heritage from the LORD,
   offspring a reward from him.
4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
   are children born in one’s youth.
5 Blessed is the man
   whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
   when they contend with their opponents in court.

No comments:

Post a Comment