Friday, December 23, 2011

Artsy Fartsy

Here is some end of the year work by my students...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

In Intro to Art we do a semester of drawing, then of painting..after Christmas we do a semester of ceramics, then the last semester is sculpture/printmaking. Therefore one of our last projects was to use 9 different watercolor techniques to portray two very different emotions. This is the best one, of course done by my male student who excels in art (when he is sitting down :)).
 We also finished our 7th grade art with watercolor...but instead focused on the Fauve style of painting and did cityskapes that included a bridge. They had to use 4 of the 9 techniques that I demonstrated.

This 7th grade boy has a style all his own...hes almost always the first one done with his projects.
 This young lady just started our school this year and has tons of talent....she was pictured in one of my other blogs posing in her tacky christmas sweater.
 This very simple cityscape was done by a fellow friend's daughter....she says she is super blonde ( and sometimes acts it) but has lots of talent. She's also one of the only 7th grade girls that I would leave alone with my children :)
 This 7th grade girl is one of my favorite students. She is funny, always stays behind to help me clean and love love loves art!
 This 7th grade boy is also new to our school this year...from Chicago...I worried about him fitting in but after he showed off his soccer skills in the first home game the boys befriended him.
 I'm really not surprised at how aweseom this cityskape is (even though its really not one) because this 7th grade girl excels in art. During bible she always says how excited she is for art at the end of the day. She is my student who brought us home a 1st place ribbon for a print she made last year as a 6th grader :)

No comments:

Post a Comment