Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Break

Ahhhh..one whole week off!!!! What makes it even better....one whole week with my parents here!!! What makes it even better? One whole week off with my parents here and we didn't have to drive to Alabama :).

We got a whole lot done today...Oatmeal shaped pancakes and bacon for breakfast, Christmas tree up, decorated, house decorated, shave Goobers hair into a mohawk. Stop...eat lunch, head to Goob's first football game--where they won by 20 points and HE GOT THE FIRST TOUCHDOWN OF THE GAME AND SEASON. Wait til I upload the videos, I'm even embarrassed at how loud and how long I screamed for that little man :). Then we got lots of things done, Ribbit and I finished two projects for her room (painting shelves and making three bow holders). Daddy and Goob got some basketball practice in. Daddy got lots of football in. We picked up the entire house, I made a small dent in the never ending laundry pile that stinks up our room :) and Adam hung all of the pictures, shelves and diplomas up in the kids room and guest bedroom....whew.

Adam and I joke that we get more done before 9 in the morning then most people get done all Saturday long...its true. When Ribbits up, everyone is up and going. She accomplished two new big girl goals to day. She A) got up out of her bed herself ( she acted as if she was still in her crib and would only let us pick her up out of bed) but yes she got up, walked into our room and told Daddy up ...ALL WITHOUT WHINING!!! We always tell her to come tell us good morning instead of lying in her bed screaming " mommy ALL DONE, daddy ALL DONE" all morning :). Then, she went to the bathroom, moved the stool over to the potty and climbed up on it and did #2 all without tons of help....MY OH MY we got a big'un on our hands :).

Here are some pictures of the cookies that Goob and I made for his Thanksgiving Feast at school..I'll post touchdown videos later (I gonna see if there is way I can edit the volume first.....your eardrums will thank me).
      Putting the feathers on the turkeys.
 He decided that a pattern looked better than all in one direction like normal feathers :)
 Tails complete (please pretend that my cookie sheet is spotless)
 Mini chocolate chips for eyes (all held on by drops of cream cheese icing YUMMY!
 He was so careful with every little eye.
 Beaks drawn on with colored food gel.
 Feet drawn with colored food gel too....oh that cookie sheet is just gross!
 He was really proud of himself..do you see that one cookie up front? It looks like it had been shot.....the red gel got out of control for a minute. Don't worry, he didn't suffer long....we ate him and put him out of his misery.
 Ribbit was super proud too....I think for only eating 3 spoonfuls of cream cheese icing and not 5.
 This is a picture of the looonngg # Goober wrote on my board to show me how much he loved me....I mentioned it in a previous post.
Oh, if you can pray for our home in TN (yes we still have it :(. Our renter gave us her 30 day move out notice so soon we will be paying a rent and mortgage once again...only difference is that this time we have two kiddos to raise as well. We know its all part of God's perfect timing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment