Monday, November 14, 2011

Back Home

First, I just realize that I called Ribbit, "Goober" in the last post....oh well, you all know who I mean!!!
Second, I am home....4 days away and I longed to be home so bad that we got up this morning super early, threw on clothes and drove like crazy to be home by lunch! The kids and Adam were out playing basketball when we pulled up and Goober almost got hit by oncoming cars trying to get to me and Ribbit was carrying two paintings around (I didn't ask) and started saying " mommy, paintings, mommy painting!".
Four days is a loooonnnggg time for a momma to be away from her kiddos but they told me all about their fun adventures with dad this weekend. Goober got 5 stickers in a row last week for behavior and a 100 on his spelling test ( he better-we studied those thing morning and night!!!) so dad took them to the grocery store and they got pizza, french fries and ice cream for dinner :). Saturday they played, watched football, went to Goober's basketball try outs and then Dad set the tent up in the playroom and he and Goober camped that night! Both kids had made me presents (art pieces-which are the best).
I gave Goober his dinosaur flip book that I had bought him( its super neat) and I gave Ribbit two clay flip flop keychains....she has carried those things ever since..into the bath, during dinner and now to bed :). Before they ate Ribbit and PawPaw (Gramps to Goober) sang to each other for a while on the phone. She kept singing and singing and when he would try to interrupt she would say "my turn" and keep going. She sang him "Happy DirthDay", "Twinkle Little Star" and his favorite " Brush your teeth in the morning"...Adam said she has been singing like a madwomen all weekend.

Sometimes mommas have to get pictures of the their kids at school...right? Please tell me every mom sneaks in and takes picture?
Peeling apples for apple pies.



Reformation Day-kids either dress as one of God's creatures or a bible character. This is "Rapper Noah" ....his friend Emma the bee and his BESTEST friend, Armani as David !
 Goober's finished pumpkin....a Texas Ranger "T". This was during the World Series. Still sad about that one!
So what did I do for 4 days? I went to Galveston to the 50th annual Texas Art Educators Association Conference. We stayed at Moody Gardens Hotel and Convention center. Its on an island and is more like resort, with rainforests built into pyramids, pools, its own Slitterbaun Water Park, spas, convention center, Imax theater and so much more. It was beautiful and we were treated like superstars for 4 days.

( I just wrote a whole page about my weekend and the internet flickered and I lost it...not in the mood to repost but since my weekend was so awesome I will later)

1 comment:

  1. Tell the truth honey. I caused the internet to go out because I was messing with the breaker box and forgot to check the router. Sorry honey. Thank you for being kind

    ReplyDelete