Thursday, November 3, 2011

Brain Fart

The Harvell's routine, behavior and home all look like we have had one huge collective brain fart.
We are moved in to the new house....but we are not living in it the way we should....our stuff is everywhere. In fact, I told myself I would not blog again until I found my cell phone charger....Adam just found it two minutes ago. We are horrible packers...i mean horrible.I already knew this about myself since I lived with Mrs. Packer herself (virg) in college. She would pack everything in neat labeled boxes that all fit snug in her jeep everytime we moved. I packed in grocery bags that fell open on the way out to my car....but its more fun to unpack that way....you never know what you will find at the bottom of that Kroger bag :).
So, needless to say I have worn clothes that didn't need ironing ( we just found that tonight in the bottom of a trash can :). Goob had to wear a "faux" uniform shirt to school on Monday and Tuesday b/c I couldn't find that darn bag of dirty clothes I had packed with all of his school shirts in it. Good thing its cold..he just wore a school sweatshirt over his clothes both days.
The kids like the arrangements...its like they are living in a fort surrounded by miscellaneous furniture, boxes and clothes. They both still don't quite understand the layout of the house so they go through the living room to get to their bedrooms...always. Even though, they could just go straight from the dining room through the foyer into their bedrooms...but whatever.
We also have had the plague in our house...well it seems like it at least. Adam couldn't even move on Monday...he wasn't haven't luck with either end we will say :) ( oh he is going to love me for posting that one ). So, he didn't get to go trick o treating with us. Instead the kids and I went with two of my sweet sweet girls from last year (they are in 8th grade now) and they took Goob up and down 4 blocks in their neighborhood....he thought he was the man. Ribbit stayed with mom and we hit up between 15-20 houses. However, she got just as much candy as Goob because after saying " tri o treat" to everyone she met, they would give her some candy and then she would reach into their bowl, dig around, smile at them and charm her way into 15 pieces of candy from each home. I did learn one thing though....Ribbit is wearing a female costume next year....the pumpkin costume got her at least 5 "cute little boy" remarks....geesh people.
Now mom and the kids are all sick...we are all slathered up with vicks vapor rub tonight....chest, nose and feet ....I feel like a real country wife....putting vicks vapor rub on their feet then covering it with thick socks to chase away the coughs...we will see if it really works.

Some funny moments have of course happened though over the past several days.
Goob won a note pad at a fall festival. He came home and went to town drawing several things. Finally, he (only whitey tighties) brought out his masterpiece to show mom, dad and Mr. Ross. He had drawn the whole family and then shown how much armpit hair each one of us had. Thank the lord Dad had the longest :).

I drop Good off at his class every day and trick him into kissing him on the forehead by distracting him. Well one day this past week I dropped him off and his little friend said " E, I like it when your mom drops you off, she is HOT!!!". Goob turned around, without missing a beat and said " GRROOOSSSS, she is 27". I about lost it. Goob thinks that Adam and I are the oldest human beings on the planet right now.

Mrs. Thang (Ribbit) has become a lot more bossier. She keeps yelling at us to sing with her..mostly Daddy. She will sing " Happy Dirthday to you, Elmo, cha cha cha" and then look at Adam and say " your tuwn, sing Daddy". She also tells Goober to "PUT IT DOWN" a lot when he is touching her toys. She also sings " Mary lamb, mary lamb, mary lamb".....and "falling down, falling down, falling down"......Mary had a little lamb and London Bridge is falling down. I have a feeling that when she starts school everyone will know her name!!!!

Here are some pictures from our trip to Alabama...

This is what a full day of school and driving through the night looks like...
This is our sweet cousin Will. Goob calls him "Luke" and he calls Goob " Levi"...so I guess they are even?It just goes to show that you dont' have to know each others first name to know that you love them! Family is family!

Ribbit smiling for the camera, then refusing to eat her food for mom :)

Goob wanted a picture of mom and dad...so as dad walked down the aisle, Goob told me to lean out...haha

Goob took this picture of Captain and Lolly on the dance floor....we may have a photographer in our future.

Levi and Luke :)


Eating her cupcake that she longed for all night long! She sang Happy Dirthday Cupcake the whole way home to Texas.
Silly faces!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment