Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Today was lots of fun.
I got up and immediately started cooking. Adam got up and started cleaning. My parents got up and spent the whole morning with the kids, playing basketball, walking up the school, playing games, etc. Our friends Doug and Sarah got here around 1:00 and we ate lunch about 30 minutes later. Then we sat around and watched football, played with the kids and caught up. My parents are leaving tomorrow morning to head home--I can already tell that their will be tears as they tell their grandbabies good-bye. Tomorrow afternoon Doug, Sarah, Adam and I are taking the kids to the Gaylord Hotel for Shrek on Ice....should be lots of fun!!!

For Thanksgiving dinner we had the following:
Turkey-cooked with bacon on top so drippings would fall on turkey ...yummy!!!
Roasted Cauliflower--with parmesan cheese infused oil
Buffalo Chicken--wrapped in crescent roll ring
Green Grape Salad
Honey Biscuits
Baked Potatoes-made pinterest style
Mac and Cheese
Cranberry Sauce and Gravy
Salad
Cheese Ball with Crackers
Fried Pickles with Sauce
Thankgiving Cookies
Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake

We are stuffed!!!
Today I am thankful for many many things-first, Jesus who gives me peace when I lay in bed at night worrying about our finances, my kiddos future, etc. Second to God for orchestrating how the Harvell couple would become the Harvell family. Third, for my family..my parents and brother who love on my kids without holding back. Fourth, for my inlaws (mom, dad, brother and sister) for also loving on my kids and putting up with their crazy mom :).
Today however I also want to say how thankful I am for my husband....who took me on a date last night even though we were tired and gross (no shower:), who always whistles when I step out of the bathroom after getting ready for work, who cleaned the entire house this morning without ever being asked to, who buys me little presents all the time as he knows that its one of my love languages, who is constantly asking God for guidance as to what our next step will be. I am very thankful for you Adam!!!!

Here is Goob's mohawk that Adam gave him right before his first football game. He got to keep it this whole week but will have to shave it off before we head back to school.

 This little thing found an Auburn bear ornament while we were decorating the tree and played with it for a long time.
 Ribbit with the christmas tree....we put it in front of the window looking out into the play room. She keeps calling the angel "princess"

I will post pictures of our thanksgiving day festivities soon....but first I want to catch up on some other pictures/movies!

Here is a self portrait done by one of my Drawing 2 students in the style of Chuck Close.
 Close UP
 My other Drawing 2 student's portrait.
 Close Up...i told the to use symbols and letters that were personal to them.
 Intro to Art Painting assignment....we talked about color theory and what certain colors we associate with certain objects and why.
 The actual positive space is created by overlapping magazine pictures.
 The boys did very well on the project, the our mascot and gun came out very polished looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment