Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Peach Pickin

Another weekly topic will be Peach Pickin, where I will share a product/ food joint/ recipe/ entertainment spot that either we as a family enjoy or individually. I hope the cheesy title doesn't turn you away right now ;), but you have to admit Peach Pickin is hard to forget!!
I literally thought about the first pick for days, like during my burpees in the morning I lost count due to the stress of this pick. Should I promote only things that I like? What about products that my kids love? What about products for men? I finally had a moment of clarity while snacking on my breakfast one morning of rice cakes, laughing cow cheese, egg whites and spinach.
Seriously, MOTHERS WHOLE GRAIN RICE CAKES are FANTASTIC!!!  After about 2 months into calorie counting I discovered that I prefer crunchy over any other texture and find it the most satisfying. All 6 of us in the house LOVE these things and use them as the main transportation in many different meals! We aren't gluten free but if you are then these are perfect for you, they are also super low in sodium and 35 calories a piece, meaning that I NEVER EAT JUST ONE!!!

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 cake (9g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
Calories 35
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 0g0%
Saturated Fat -
Cholesterol 0mg0%
Sodium 15mg1%
Total Carbohydrate 7g2%
Dietary Fiber 0g0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 1g
Vitamin A -Vitamin C -
Calcium -Iron -
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The three ways in which we use them the most are as follows:
1-Peach Momma Breakfast: 
2 Mothers Rice Cakes (70 cals), 1 Spicy Pepper Jack Laughing Cow block cheese divided between them (35 cals), 2/3 cups egg whites (80 cals) and a handful of baby spinach (normally cooked into the eggs) (7 cals). Sometimes I eat this like a sandwich, other times as two separate open faced cakes of goodness!!!!!

2-Caramel Children Lunch-2 Mothers Rice Cakes (no cals here because A) they don't care and B) they NEVER STOP MOVING and therefore need as many cals as possible), Peanut Butter and Jelly. Impressive huh? Stick them together and you've gotta crunchy sandwich for lunch!!

3-Peach Momma Dessert:
2 Mothers Rice Cakes (70 cal), 2 tbsp of PB2 (45 cals), sliced banana (90ish cals) and 1 tbsp of Walden Farms marshmallow cream (0, yup zero cals). 

Peach Daddy LOVES the caramel flavor cakes and eats them as a snack or dessert by themselves. 

I love how thick these cakes are compared to others that honestly make you feel like you are on the skimpiest diet ever. I also love the fact that I can normally find them at our local dollar store (the 99 cent store, honestly one of my favorite places to shop). 

What is your favorite rice cake recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment