Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Advent Day 2, 3 and 4

Last night I realized two things.

1-My daughter is a flirt. We invited some salesmen into our home to demonstrate a vacuum and they were here for a good 2 hours. We let them clean everything and demonstrate every part :)..pretty good deal for us!! The kids were very comical "ohhing and ahhing" over everything those guys did. When it came time to tell them "no" we don't want your $700 vacuum they started packing up and Ribbit and I went into the kitchen to get supper started. As they walked out Ribbit ran up to them, with the cutest little grin and waved at them while saying " bye bye handsome". I didn't know what to say...do I say "ewww, no". Do I make sure they know I DIDN"T tell her to say that? I was speechless and mortified...I think it was a mutual feeling :).

2-My son's spelling grades are my fault. By that I mean everytime he misses one or two points for an extra vowel or not knowing that there is a well and whale is my fault. As I was pronouncing his words he got so frustrated at me for saying well "whale". He reminded me that I had tripped him up on the words "fire", "crown vs crayon" and "nation" before. I guess this momma does tend to have an accent :)

Day 2 of Advent-we read the story of the Fall. Our ornament was a tree leaf with red fruit on it. I forgot to take a picture of it though. When we were reviewing with Ribbit today about this ornament she said " God said NO they were not listening and they had to go away"...someone was listening!

Day 3 of Advent-we read the Story of Noah and the Ark. Our ornament was an Angel holding a Rainbow banner.We bought the angel and painted on the rainbow.





Day 4 of Advent-we read the story of the Tower of Babel. Our ornament was a question mark ( to show confusion of languages) that we made out of salt dough this weekend! One of my favorite parts out of today's story is this " You see God knew, however high they reached, however hard they tried, people could never get back to heaven by themselves. People didn't need a staircase; they needed a Rescuer. Because the way back to heaven wasn't a staircase; it was a Person. People could never reach up to Heaven, so Heaven would have to come down to them. And, one day, it would!"




Speaking of handmade ornaments here are two more from last year that i LOVE...we made one for everyone in our family. Our sweet friends Doug and Sarah helped us make them and the cotton is from Doug's farm!

Here's Adams!
 And Ribbit's. Check out the long blonde curly hair :)



Here are two more pictures from the Pow Wow that I found on my camera. Both older kids got to pick out a ride to do. Goober didn't want to do anything so he got a nicer souvenir. But Ribbit knew she wanted to ride the ponies the minute she saw them. As she was going around she would scream out facts to us like " they are eating grass!", "they are pooping" and my favorite " mommy this one is vanilla :)". Of course she also made sure that even though Mommy was waving wildly at her and calling out "hey big girl" that she responded with " HEY PAPAPAPAAAAAAA". I guess I know where I stand :)


Beating on Baby Boy's drum during the Opening Ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment