Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Fitness Friday-Matzah Madness

Get it? March Madness, Matzah Madness...see what I did there?

Anyways, I realize that I have a problem..in fact my friends are aware of my matzah addiction and tipped me off that Tom Thumb is having a rather large sale on matzah since Passover is coming!!! I may have bought 5 boxes of whole wheat Israeli matzah....and there may not be too much left :).

Its so stinking good though and so stinkin big and for sooo little calories...only 110 a piece!!

Matzah with PB2, a little Walden Farms zero calorie chocolate sauce and a banana...perfect 1st breakfast!

Later on that day I had this for my afternoon snack...see its a problem! The only change is that I put a little natural agave on this one as well....OH YUM!!

This would be dessert matzah..with some zero calorie Walden Farms marshmallow cream..use this sparingly, it has a weird after taste. I then sprinkled some dark chocolate baking chips on it and some walnuts!!! OH YUM! You can see my sweet hubby resting beside me! You can also see my 2nd piece underneath..I am telling you, I can hardly ever stop at one!!!

This was my dessert last night...PB2 with dried blueberries and reduced sugar craisins on top...SUPER GOOD!!!   




 As I have said before, I would much rather have crunchy then any other texture. I feel super satisfied and normally can make a matzah last a good 10 minutes...savoring every bite ;). I love that my kids will eat these up as well, making easy breakfast and snacks for them.

Another crunchy, tasty, super healthy and low calorie snack that I have stumbled upon are these Oatmeal Breakfast Cupcakes. I changed it up a little to make them a little more healthy .....and due to the fact that I am at my parents house, I wanted to use what they already had....plus running to the neighborhood Walmart means a 2 hour trip as I usually see 5 people from growing up here in this small town.

Here is the recipe I used, ....with each muffin coming out to around 80 calories a piece. I ate two of these this morning, warmed up a bit with some dark chocolate almond milk and after my 7 mile run it completely satisfied me for my 1st breakfast :).

I totally plan on adding some dark chocolate bits, cheerios and/or PB2 in the next batch!!!

2 and 1/4 cup whole grain rolled oats
4 peeled fiji apples, diced..cooked in skillet with a mist of extra virgin olive oil, sprinkled with cinnamon and a little pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp natural honey
1/8 cup reduced sugar craisins
1/8 cup dried blueberries
2 pinches of salt
1.5 cups water
1 tsp coconut extract
2 tbsp flaxseed

Mix everything together, spray cupcake liners as this is a very wet batter. Cook at 380 for 22ish minutes. This makes 12 heaping breakfast cupcakes.

Mix everything in but apples. Spray liners!!

Let apples cool a little and add them in. I guess you could puree this as well but I like the chunks!

Before going in the oven, like I said HEAPING breakfast cupcakes!

Cooked and cooling...Don't you think calling them breakfast cupcakes just makes them that much more appealing? I do!! I can picture having these with a dollop of greek yogurt on top as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment