Monday, September 26, 2011

Artsy Fartsy

Here are some recent art projects from some of my students....and some crafty stuff at home. 

This is a project by my Intro to Art class...blind contour portraits with a patterned background of an opposing color scheme. We looked at cubism as well.
Two of my very favorites...one on left is very suggestive of this girls personality :) and the one on the right is from my most challenging student who becomes a very quiet focused young man when he begins to draw.


A still life by my Intro to Art class where I was encouraging them to use 4 different types of lines and to "push those dark"-thanks Mrs. Johnt!

This student has major talent and has a good eye for composition


Good use of scumbling in the background and I can tell she didnt guess what the objects looked like...she actually looked at them!


This student is quiet and shy but creates bold drawings....she also has no clue how talented she is :)


A mural by my Drawing class....I chose a painting, cut up a copy and gave them each 20 by 5 strips of blank black paper. They didn't know what they were composing but it had to match the part of the painting I gave them. They were allowed to use oil pastels only. It looks amazing...its a very abstract, painterly portrayal of Golgotha.



Now from some craftiness for a baby shower I hosted at our home.

My friends are naming their baby girl Stella...made this out of scrapbook paper.


Made a diaper cake...Bre helped me roll them and put rubber bands around them. We practiced counting while making this.




No comments:

Post a Comment