Sunday, September 18, 2011

9/17/2011

I couldn't think of a title for this one...we have kinda been all over the place this week.
Goober got 4 out of 5 behavior stickers this week which meant he got to go to one of his best friends birthday parties this morning. This sweet little girl was in his class last year too and he knew all week long that he just had to go. When we got there this morning, her mom pulled me to the side and asked very bluntly what happened to Goob's and Ribbit's mom. I told her. Then she said that her daughter had come home and just cried and cried for Goober because he told everyone that he reason he had to be adopted was because his birth mom (what he calls her now) was dead. The mom wanted to help me and offer some advice if that was the truth because she had lost both of her parents at age 3. I assured her that was not it but cried with her over how sweet this little girl and Goob's friendship is that she would cry for him. It also hurt my heart that Goob is telling people this. I talked to him about it on the way home from the party and he said he knows she isn't dead but he doesn't want people to know that she did bad things. I assured him that despite all those bad things she did love him but that we had to come up with a better answer for others that was not a lie about his mom. He was not into the conversation at all fell asleep (3 hours of swimming and partying will do that to you). Adam and I are going to handle this later on this weekend when we both have a better answer but I'm still shocked that Goob came to that lie on his own.

On a happier note, both Goob and Ribbit went with me to a 7/8th grade event that I was sponsoring last night. Let's just say I didn't see them for 2 solid hours as the girls all loved on and toted Ribbit around....including feeding her and one offering to change her for me. Goob was in his element and wrestled with the boys, did flips, played games and just soaked up all the attention. My students are so great with the both of them and it again reassured me that we are at the right school.

This week of switching into a big girl bed for Ribbit has gone rather smoothly. She has been a little snotty so that has kept her up some but not to much. So now instead of standing in her crib yelling " eat mommy, eat daddy"...she waits until we open her door and then runs out saying " EAT"!!

Gooberism: He told me one day while I was driving that I was driving like Uncle Chris, kinda crazy :). I said Uncle Chris doesn't drive crazy...and if he does then I will have to get him, what's wrong with that boy (laughing). Goober answered " What's wrong is two things. ...one he is my uncle, two he is a Chris....thats why he drives crazy :)"

Speaking of Uncle Chris....
Surprise...Tickets to a Rangers Game.

Neither one of them wanted anything to do with us.it was all about Uncle Chris

Good Guys

Sweetness

Front row seats!

Our view!

Love for Uncle Chris after church.


Hanging out at Daddy's party.

Bye Uncle Chris

My not so little brother...I miss you!

They have a weird relationship...and now everyone knows it.

She loves her Uncle Chris

Please don't go!!!

Leaving the airport with Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment