Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Recovery

Remember that time I ran a marathon, took one day off and ran 5 miles the next day. Well that was fine, until yesterday. By the end of our FAST 5.5 mile run I was wincing in pain from my left ankle. I chalked it up to the fact that I wore heels ALL day Sunday and my body isn't use to that....but then I remembered that I ran a marathon a week earlier....and I basically took a rest day ...not a full week recovery like recommended or like I have done in the past. So now, I am wearing a boot and icing my ankle like crazy. I have been rubbing down with Helicrysum and Lemongrass too and I am no longer wincing...it just reminds me its there when I put too much pressure on it. Fortunately this is a slow week for the Harvells and I am able to do a lot of sitting...and pointing, ...I am sure my mom and dad are having flashbacks to when I had my tonsils out and I pointed and bossed them a lot from my bed :).
Coleman family christmas...My grandma is pointing to Goober as he plays violin  for us.

Boy cousin fun...I love that Little Man was riding his easy roller while playing with his remote control car! What a life!

Baby Kamden didn't know what to think about Goober's blanket or the noises my Papa was making!

Ribbit won the Most Improved Musician award last week in class....deeming her not only artistic but musical as well...she was very proud of that award and sings to us constantly. She also teaches Little Man a song every day and they perform it together until one of them gets tired of being "outsung" and begins to push and shove and we have a WWE match in our kitchen floor.

Ribbit also has become the perfect person at our home. She corrects EVERYONE about everything. Here are some examples.

Little Man " mommy, why is God going to burn the whole earth up?"
Me "well because I'm sure the new one he is going to make will be so much better"
Ribbit "well, you shouldn't be sure because he is GOD and should know it will be so much better!"

Me-I'm pretty sure that car was doing 15 miles per hour -to Adam
Ribbit-that car was doing 15 MILES PRE HOUR (emphasis on the H and PRE, not per).......yup, she knows everything

Me/Adam (every meal)-Boys mix your vegetables in with your meat and eat it together instead of saving what you don't like until very last.
Ribbit-Yes, see how I do it? I mix them and eat them together in every bit.
Great grandson, grandson and Great grandfather...love this picture!

We tried our best to get a family shot...This represents my grandparents, 1 of their kids,  4 of their grandkids,  6 of their great grandkids and 3 spouses. 

We looovvee playing with Baby Kamden!

Gingerbread house contest

What my family does everytime....card games!

Goober is learning the hard way that school is a place where we work..its not all recess, snacks and social time. He is really struggling with grades but fortunately peer pressure can be a good thing and the thought of repeating 6th grade and/or not being able to play 7th grade football next year due to grades....brings instant tears to his eyes and a promise to work harder. I felt his pain yesterday as I read through his paragraph on wolves. It was painful as I read long run on sentences without commas.....you know that pain if you read this blog.....I ramble, change my mind and the only warning you get are those dots.....I use dots instead of commas because if it were up to me commas would not exist. They apparently allow you to pause or describe, but honestly they have too many rules attached to them. Its like owning a cat in our town...its good to have pets but there are too many rules that come with those little furballs and all the fun is sucked out of it!
Heading home...out like a light and cozy in their blankets!

Lunch at Cracker Barrel thanks to my Aunt and Uncle....we needed a break as it was about 2 hours into the drive that we learned that Nana Harvell had passed.

Yup, there are 3 bikes, 3 suitcases and a WHOLE LOTTA christmas loot in there. When we pulled in to start unpacking we looked around and saw that somone had raked and bagged all of our leaves....what a generous gift!

Little Man got to play with Collins on Sunday. We went over to watch some of the Cowboys game and they SOAKED up every minute they could with each other. They pick up right where they left off and neither one of them wanted to say bye. Collins had her scans yesterday and THEY ARE CLEAR...no more signs of more tumors or signs that her other ones aren't shrinking. Best news ever, now just several more chemo/radiation rounds. Talk about a fighter and two parents who are strong and wise beyond their years!


No comments:

Post a Comment