Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy Engage a versary!!!

I always love this time a year. One, for obvious reasons concerning the weather. Two, for another obvious reason, Auburn Football-weather we win or lose. Finally, because this is the time of year when Adam and I got engaged and started planning our life together.
His proposal was seriously awesome. He planned a scavenger hunt that had me running all over Auburn to places where something meaningful had happened.....bowling alley (first met), Samford lawn (hung out as group and played frisbee), etc. Two of my closest friends were involved as well, handing me the next clue at some places. When I got back to my house ( the last stop) he was there in a tux with candles lining my living room and holding flowers.
He was totally cute.
He proposed....mixing up his words due to nerves and I said "yes".
Of course the ambiance was ruined at some point by my silly cat flinging himself against the back bedroom door. He hates to not be involved in everything and Adam had made the mistake of locking him in that room.

Honey, thanks for 5 great years of togetherness and 4 great years of marriage. Thanks for writing notes and sticking them in my lunchbox :), thanks for taking out the trash and changing the litter box (double ew), thanks for moving all over the United States with me as we seek out God's will and get our degrees, thanks for keeping your promise to me and actually taking me to the Louvre!!!!, thanks for putting up with me in Israel for long periods of time and not being embarrassed when I was asked to eat outside (i keep forgetting they are kosher there---girl's gotta have her milk), thanks for holding my hand as we waited in the kitchen for the knock on the door that would change our lives forever, thanks for loving on Goober and Ribbit from day one as if you had known them your whole life, thanks for studying until 2 or 3 in the morning so that you can devote all of the kiddos awake time to them, thanks for hauling booty with Ribbit as you race to the potty the minute she says " daddy stinky", thanks for leading us in family devotionals each night, thanks for telling me almost every day that I still got it :), you ain't that bad yourself ;).

I love you to the moon and back!!!!!!

Hanging out with lots of friends in front of Samford Hall-November 2005

Still just friends (sorta)-Christmas Party 2005

Together as couple-Adam moved back to Auburn in Feburary 2006


Engaged-October 2006












No comments:

Post a Comment