Saturday, October 15, 2011

Artsy Fartsy 3

Here are some of the better fingerprint self portraits from this year. I am a little upset with this class because on the day I had a sub they got into the white out. I normally say no white out and that keeps them from rushing anything and using the ink in layers. When I got back from my day out almost every project had white out on it. Therefore, I added it to my rubric and took off major points....okay, done with that soap box.
Now, aren't these great :)

This kid never touched the white out, he is one of my favorite students, partly because he and his family are huge auburn fans and the other part has to do with his artistic talent and great personality!


This young lady really surprised me on this project. She is normally kinda a goofball, not kinda, pure goofball.  But she makes me laugh, she buys me fingernail polish :), and when I was at her last volleyball game her mom told me that I'm her favorite teacher :)....how sweet!


This young lady is gorgeous, and better yet doesn't know it!!!! She dates Mr. Dimples from the first picture and I give them a hard time about high school dating :). She is hard worker and got my Top Grade Award last year.


This young man is super talented in design but struggles with values. He kept saying" Mrs. Harvell I am black, how do I have value in my skin :)))"...sweet sweet kid


This young lady has never ever done well on any art project but exceeded all of my expectations on this one. This looks exactly like her except that her hair is fire engine red. She is beautiful and is everyone's friend. She doesn't have any desire to improve her art skills, which makes me sad, but she is a joy to have in class.

1 comment:

  1. I loved doing these in Mrs. Johnt's class. I think that was the moment I realized I could be good at math and art:) It had never occurred to me before that! These are great.

    ReplyDelete