Sunday, October 16, 2011

Always saying "Sorry"

On the way home from a fall festival last night I was thinking about how much I tell my kids sorry. Its definitely more than I have ever apologized to anyone else. Whether its for one of their many boo boos, or because something made them sad, or if my anger got the better at me, or if I am just apologizing because I couldn't control the situation.
Thats definitely something I never thought about before becoming a mom. Sure, after a fight Adam and I apologize to each other but that's not a daily thing. Where as with my kids I feel as if everyday demands one or two apologies.
I have noticed though that both of my kids are good at both accepting and giving " i'm sorry"'s. Ribbit says it when she spills something or bugs Goober. Goober says it all the time, about missing a chore, if he hurts Ribbit while playing and a lot of time he apologizes to me for my feelings. He is super sensitive to mom's feeling and if I am not 100% happy he will pick up on it and apologize, saying " sorry you got annoyed with that cop" ( did I mention I got pulled over again and was ticketed this time?) or sometimes he says " sorry that you made us late for school today, but i was ready and waiting for you in the kitchen :)".

This weekend was lots of fun for me...I had the kiddos all to myself!!! Adam had a convention at school all night Friday and all day Saturday. Friday night the kids and I went to a fall festival. The both loved riding the train, petting the animals, getting their faces painted  or as Ribbit says "get a silly face mommy". They also decorated cookies and made pictures frames. We played hard and it paid off, they both slept in until 6:30---a record in our house!!!
Saturday we got up early and went on the hunt for some yardsales to find some things for our new house. Unfortunately we found nothing we needed but something we really wanted-----30 DISNEY MOVIES for $10!!!!!   We found all of the good ones from The Aristocats to Lion King to Aladdin. They are VHS and lucky for us we have a TV with a built in VCR. We are watching Fievel Goes West as I type!! I put 20 of them away for times when we are in a video rut! We also went to our new house and painted Ribbit's room and the living room. Ribbit followed me around insisting that she wanted to help mommy clean....she couldn't understand that I was painting, not cleaning.
Goober found a book at the yardsale that he had to have....STARWARS!!!! Did it matter to him that it was written in Spanish? Nope, he sounded out those words and read it for about 4 hours throughout the day. Then in Aldi he told everyone that he could read and count in Spanish and that it was easy for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment