Monday, October 17, 2011

Apple Orchard Field Trip

I had the privilege of going with Goober on a field trip to an Apple Orchard on Friday.  It was a lot of fun, even if he got dirt all over me as he literally climbed my body to get the very best apple :).
I got to watch his class say their pledges to the American Flag, the Christian Flag and the bible ----another reason I love our school. Then I got to watch their prayer time, ending with Goob leading the class in prayer with a huge smile on his face!!!
At the Apple Orchard we learned about apples, bees, cotton, butterflies and chickens. Goob was running everywhere and I got to see him interact with some of the kids I am constantly hearing about. I bought a fried apple pie to share afterwards and we both agreed that apples were really cool.

Here are some pictures from the trip.

His was stoked to ride the bus. That's his sweet friend Emma to the right and one of his good buddies, Brock to the left of him.
I had no choice about whether or not I wanted 4 muddy footprints up my side....Goob saw an apple he wanted and used me as a ladder.

One of his seniors for this year, Andrew.

He stayed close to him the whole time....and gave him a huge hug at the end.


Class pic with two seniors.

  They got to eat the apples they picked after they washed them and put honey on top!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment