Thursday, April 28, 2011

Motherhood-crash course

So today I ate lunch with Goob at his school which is on the same campus as mine but a little walk. We finished and then he started his lunch monitor duties. As soon as I got back down to my room and started teaching bible I got a text from the front office that Goober had just thrown up. I called the nurse and she said that it was a big throw up and nasty!!!! The boy didn't even have a temperature!!!!!!
So I got that class going, got a sub in place super fast and then booked it down to get him. I walked into the nurses office and he said " I was just trying to burp". By the time we left the parking lot I had already scheduled a doctors appt for 1.5 hours later and called Adam to let him know what was happening. We went and got Ribbit and headed to the doctor. Turns out he probably threw up because he has had a lot of sinus drainage and just couldn't take all that on his stomach. He hasn't run a temp. since last Wednesday so the doctor cleared him to go back to school tomorrow, which is great since he and Adam are going to the aquarium on a field trip. On the way home I asked him if he cried when he threw up and he said "no, i only cried when i was 5". He had some purple nerds with his lunch so his little white shirt was spotted purple :).
While we were there we talked to the doctor about his bed wetting and she really encouraged us to put him to bed a little earlier because he is so exhausted that his whole body relaxes. We are going to try that until this summer and then after that we may look into getting one of those moisture detectors that turns on an alarm to wake the kids off. I got Goob some really fun houseshoes tonight to encourage him to get up at night and use the bathroom. One concern though was that the doctor found blood in his urine so she is going to send that off and we will hear back soon.
While we were there we had Ribbit checked out and she is doing well on weight. The doctor gave us some tips for diaper rash. I also wanted to get her checked out since her babysitter found out that the other little boy she keeps had an upper respiratory infection last week. She is okay as well.

Cool thing though is that I had just read an article in the "Working Mother" magazine that a friend sends me about how to respond to your sick child. I kept my cool so he did too!

Ribbit started saying " There she is" while playing picaboo today. Instead of saying "ahhh" as she pokes her little face out from behind her hands she now says " there she is" ...its about the cutest thing ever.

I'll leave you with some videos from our trip to the Fort Worth Water Gardens. Can you believe that we have been parents for over 3 months now?...I just can't picture my lives without them now!!!!! How blessed we are.






No comments:

Post a Comment