Friday, April 15, 2011

ILU!!

So today I got my first I love you from Goober-yup, thats right. I say it to him like 1500 times a day and I always get an " okay ".
I was cleaning up my room at the end of the day and I found a wadded up piece of paper. I said " great, this will make mom's day, kids writing notes in my class". It ended up being blank and I kept on cleaning. I saw Goober throw a wad of paper on the floor a couple minutes later and told him to pick it up. He said " but mom, I am about to make your day" and he was smiling. So then I walked over and picked it up. It said " ILU!!, Goob". I said "what does that say Goober? and he said " I love you" and smiled and gave me a hug. I about melted into the floor!!!

He has been doing so great in school too...he got two stickers in a row, both without any warnings at school!!!! He is working towards a night at the Ranger Stadium in May---we are taking him to firework night there to see the Rangers play the Angels.
We our doing our anger management session in therapy tomorrow so I am hoping that he learns some ways to deal with it besides just crying and shutting down.

Ribbit is still doing great, sleeping through the night. Last night as I was walking out, she said "bye in a whisper and waved. We finished her Early Childhood Intervention meetings this week and they say that she now on target developmentally. I think that should make us happy but instead its making us question their system of how they figure out where kids are since just 2 months ago she was severely behind in her speech!!

Two nights ago was our schools annual Gallery Night featuring all of the art of our students from the last year. We had over 400 people show up and we had tons of artwork up. I was so grateful to parent volunteers who came throughout the day to help me set up. I was matting and attaching nametags like crazy. I was all worth it though and all the parents were very appreciate and supportive. We are already full for our specialty classes next semester and it looks like my Intro. to Art class will be full as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment