Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend

We have been busy busy. Today we went to the Stockyards for an Easter Egg Hunt which was really like a huge test in self control for the kids as the workers threw out three boxes worth of candy eggs per age group. I mean Ribbit could hardly contain herself and during the countdown to start Goober only made it to 8 and the worker started at 10!!!!!
We also got balloon hats, rode ponies, went to a petting zoo, tried on cowboy boots and took pictures with the Easter Bunny.
Then to top everything off we went to Chuck E. Cheeses. I never knew how much parents suffer to take their kids there....well let me say "parents who care to actually watch their kids suffer". I saw a had-to-be 3 year old boy crawl down into a basketball game shaped like a shoe, throw out basketballs and climb back out.......risking his life at least 10 times in the process. We witnessed a sibling group have a fist fight in the tube things that lead to a slide. We saw kids with enough tokens to fill their pockets walk around and spill them, hand them out and throw them ( i mean don't you pay money for those tokens???). Within 30 minutes of being there the noise, plus chaos, plus big scary animals that Ribbit hated, plus the smell of feet caused me to look at Goob and say " Well, I know where we aren't having your birthday party this year".
Don't get me wrong, we had a coupon so we got our bang for our buck but I bet it will take an act of God or Goober getting 3 weeks worth of good behavior stickers (also an act of God) to get Adam and I back there :).
All in all we are having a great weekend, Harvells are enjoying their grandchildren and vice versa.
I just finished setting out their easter basket with goodies and I can't wait to get them up in the morning to go see!!!

Here is a video for Jason and Erika of Ribbit saying "thank you" for her easter swimsuit!!





No comments:

Post a Comment