Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What a week-its only Wednesday

Today Goob and I are at home sick. He was running a pretty high temp on Monday but didn't show any signs of sickness all day Tuesday. However last night we both came home and went to sleep. He developed a cough through the night and I slept with him. This morning we were both groggy and just stayed home. His cough is getting less severe and we are both taking meds about every 5 hours. Ribbit stayed home with us today too but we are being strict about using the Hand Sanitizer and not loving on her too much. She has been fussy b/c I am not sharing anything with her-drinks/food- which is not very mommy like.
It has become so hard for me to put Ribbit in time out too because as she is sitting on the bench she is yelling " mommy, sorry, good girl" over and over. And if you have seen her you know how dagum cute she is. Good thing I have Adam or these kids would be rotten!!!
Goob is still doing wonderful at his reading!!! Today, he read me two books and towards the end of one he replaced a "you" with a "y'all". I asked him how he came up with that when the word didn't even have an l in it. He said " well you say it to me and Ribbit". Dang it.
I have also been tirelessly hunting down some medical records for Ribbit. They seem to be lost in the system and since the adoption isn't finalized yet its taking an act of congress to get some paperwork that I desperately need before her doctors appointment on Friday. I know that its for a very good reason but all this paperwork puts me in a bad mood!!!
Tomorrow is Grandparents day at Goobs school and although his won't be there they both sent him a letter. He is saying the Lord's prayer and they are singing some songs. Adam and I are both attending and I am excited. He is so smart, and had both of his speaking parts memorized in one day!!!
Goober is also super kid at school this week. He got to take lots of pictures of himself and his family for the door, he gets to take a show and tell everyday and they are making a cake for his "unbirthday". He is also helper and his favorite thing is that he gets to be first in line every day!!!!
We are soo looking forward to our first Easter with the kids. We are making Empty Tomb cookies and Rice Krispie Eggs. We want to make it more about Christ rather than the Easter bunny...However, they are going to think its Christmas with all the packages that family is sending them :) ( dont worry we are going to space things out so that they aren't overloaded).

No comments:

Post a Comment