Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Little boys


Yesterday we met with CPS again and got good news. We will be ready to legally adopt them in late July. They are pleased with everything going on and feel like this is a good placement for the kids and us. Goober did well at the meeting, despite his not so good school day.....
Yup, another day without a sticker and this time he got sent to the Pre-Grammar School Head. He pushed a little girl but since he pushed her on the neck it turned into something bigger. Goober said he did it because the little girl was in his face saying "blah blah blah". When the little girl showed how Goober pushed her it was more of a strangle motion, Goober's story is just a push. Unfortunately his teacher had stepped across the hallway for a couple of minutes to help out another teacher with a VCR. She tooke some of the blame since she should have been in the room with them. Goober and the little girl both were sent to the office. As I got closer to Goober and could see that he knew he was in trouble, I asked God to give me the exact right words to say to him. As I reached him I just picked him up and squeezed him and said " I love you, regardless of what they are about to tell me, regardless of if you get a sticker or not, I love you". That seemed to calm him down and we got through the whole meeting without any tears from Goober or myself ;).
Well, I honestly think that God had a bigger purpose behind this whole scenario then just teaching Goober to keep his hands to himself. When the little girls parents were told what happened they said " well she is dramatic and she does get in people's faces". I thought "wow, I dont know if I would have reacted the same way if someone pushed Goob in the neck". It was great for me to see a parent not over react and give grace. In the end Goober prayed for forgiveness and knew that he was forgiven and that today would be a new day for him. He did get some things taken away from him though at home and for this weekend.

Some good news though to end with. This morning I got a call from my school, while sitting in my classroom so I first thought " great, its Goob's teacher telling me that he is back in the office". Well I should have thought better of my son because it was our Human Resources Staff. She said that she was checking into the new adoption benefit that our school just added and noted that I would qualify if our adoption happened after I had been here one full year....well by golly I will be here one full year as of August 1st!!! So, we will be getting a rather large chunk of money in August as an adoption benefit....and we definitely will need it!! It will help build back up our savings account after buying the element, it will supplement the fact that Adam won't be working for 6 weeks this summer and let's face it, it will buy Goober and Ribbit lots of lunchables, juices, bananas and cereal :) ( those are things we seem to just run through!!!)
Thank you Lord!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment